A833 4 Speed Problems.

-
Hi. Yes I saw that. The person that posted it is still an active user of the site. Just hoping he sees this and has some info on what the issue was.
Good. I found it interesting that the question was never answered.

I responded above but never followed up. I replaced pretty much all the linkage thinking it might help. Nope, It was all adjustment.

Ok. Thank you. I’ll get my adjustment hat on and comb through everything. Thank you!

From what I can remember. I’m not positive that I’m 100% accurate is was a long time ago. I think the throw out bearing wasn’t working correctly with the clutch fork to fully engage and disengage.
Carl

Check the air gap between the clutch disc and pressure plate when the pedal is fully depressed.

Needs to be a minimum .060
I had bent / modified my clutch cross- shaft and was only getting .040......shifted fine when cold, but as things got warm / hot and expanded the gap decreased even further, it became tuff to get into gear ( 1st or reverse) yet alone power or speed shift.

Easy to check and verify if you have an inspection cover on the bell housing.

Bent mine back and added a dent in the header tube for clearance and all was well.

Also added the modification to the grandma version clutch pedal for further /faster operation.

-
Back