AAAARGHHH... freight from oklahoma

-

Daz570

Thread Inturpreter
Reaction score
have just recieved a message from an amusing pain in oklahoma who has a box for me,

before buying the item i was told $344 to freight crate to my shipper in CA, happily bid on the item and paid via paypal.

Now i get a message from said enthusiast, he now wants $1100 for freight (but will happily drive it there for $950)

My question is, is theree anyone on here from this area or that deals with logistics in this area that can reccomend a freight company for me to deal with direct?

or just someone to go and 'politely talk to' this guy for the agrivation he's causing me :wave:

thanks in advance..

Dan.

It sounds like extortion to me, I would contact paypal and cancel payment immediately, while you still can, this will give you leverage with the seller to adhere to the original agreement, otherwise you may wind up out the money for the purchase price or be forced to pay the extortion, I mean shipping

It sounds like extortion to me, I would contact paypal and cancel payment immediately, while you still can, this will give you leverage with the seller to adhere to the original agreement, otherwise you may wind up out the money for the purchase price or be forced to pay the extortion, I mean shipping
X2, I could understand $50 difference, BUT $650. No Way. Cancel transaction with Paypal.

Thats the new ebay scam. Great deal on the part and then bent over on the shipping and I would say it's a deal breaker.

That's total bullshit when you can ship a CAR from one coast to the other for a grand.

What are you having shipped? Size & weight? Zip codes to & from?

it's an engine and auto, apparently knocked down, in a crate

has to go from LAWTON, OK to CARSON CA. 90746

not happy at all . . . don't know how i'll go cancelling paypal as it's been quite a while for him to get back to me with freight message.

Not sure what the thing weighs, I just had an old hemi block shipped to me from Indiana (to Sacramento) at 210 pounds. It was crated up. I paid $185 to pick it up at the dock. Everything went smooth, took like 5 days, I'd use them again. Not sure if they have terminals where you need them, but it might be worth a try.

Here's the website, I dealt with David Henton (ext. 107 on the phone # off the site)

http://www.enginesdirectfreight.com/

My main concern would be the seller. His changing the shipping price by that much after you already paid tells me he's up to something. If you can get another quote and counter him it might help, EDF can even pick it up at his location if they're in the area. But I would definitely look into starting paperwork on him at Paypal too.

sounds like the seller knew exactly what he was doing, he knew you were to far away to do anything, so he waited until it was to late to file a dispute with pay pall THEN hit you up with an outrageous shipping quote, KNOWING FULL WELL there was nothing you could do about it, and you would have no choice but to pay or forfeit the purchase price, either way he makes out like a bandit, hate to say it but, you got scammed

if he quoted the shipping in an auction, he cant change it after. contact paypal asap.

is there anyone on this site anywhere near there?

currently trying to arrange my own freight to said tool, but would love someone to knock on his door on my behalf for me (nothing sinister, just a person to make him aware he's not out of reach)

I say let's meet up in Ok, beat his *** and load up your ****. By the time we both get there, we'll be good and pissed off. lol Seriously guys, somebody's gotta be close to this jerk. Somebody help our member out here.

maybe not beat his ***, diplomatic approach chaps..

i'd also be happy to pay someone to pick it up and either arrange freight or roadtrip the item

I would file a dispute with PayPal..
You could also open a FedEX Account (takes 24 hours to verify your bank account)
FedEX DOES freight also.
Create a shipment but you need the dimensions of crate H x W x L and the weight
Then contact FedEX to pickup shipment at his address.
If you get the dimensions and weight I give you a quote at my cost.
Business to Business address is cheaper.or Dock pickup on your side...
Sounds like he is a pulling scam on you...Just file with PayPal first and maybe you could demand that he deliver to shipping company like Fedex Freight and pay actual shipping.

LAWTON, OK is only 3 hour drive from Dallas .TX...
I will be there on May 14th for Mopars at the Motorplex,

http://www.moparsatthemotorplex.com/

If this is not resolved by then I go get it and ship it to you and if you pay the extra for weight...I ship him in crate too..
alive of course...
Martin
TXDart

what an interesting turn of events, out of all the freight companies i could have called, i got the exact person that's been dealing with said person,

he's upgraded himself from tool to person because he has actually chased a price. . .

the price they gave him was $550

he's just downgraded himself back to tool . . .

what an interesting turn of events, out of all the freight companies i could have called, i got the exact person that's been dealing with said person,

he's upgraded himself from tool to person because he has actually chased a price. . .

the price they gave him was $550

he's just downgraded himself back to tool . . .

So even according to the company he's been talking to the freight should be $550 and not $1,100?

Definitely trying to scam you. You said you bid on it, was this on eBay? I'd contact eBay and Paypal if it was. Even if it is past the deadline you should have some kind of recourse.

-
Back