AC compressor bracket to 360 aftermarket intake issue

-
That should work but I believe a the throttle cable bracket on the intake is thicker and might be positioned further back towards the missing mounting point.

I checked my parts stash and you'll probably want the throttle cable bracket, it will be a much better fit. It basically looks like just some bending and drilling one hole will be needed. Other then that all it should need is cutting off the kick down bracket to clean up the look. I think it was a 4 barrel bracket I looked at. The return spring bracket doesn't reach back far enough so welding on more metal definitely required and is thinner steel also.

TNT The return spring bracket correct?

If I use the Lokar setup, will it work will the OEM kick down and throttle cable?

TNT The return spring bracket correct?

If I use the Lokar setup, will it work will the OEM kick down and throttle cable?

Use a the throttle cable bracket like the one that is mounted on the rear of the engine. When it's on the front it should reach back far enough, just cut off the kick down mount for looks obviously. The mounting stud for the throttle cable will need to be removed, then just bend it as needed to work for your missing AC mount. I've never used a Lokar setup myself. Stock parts have always worked fine for me.

thr1.jpg

I will get the throttle return spring bracket manifold mount for the carb and the throttle cable bracket to be modified to fit the AC support mount.

Thanks!

-
Back