AC compressor bracket to 360 aftermarket intake issue

-

TRWRacing

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
One challenge there is no mounting hole on the intake on right side to attach to the rear of the A/C compressor.

Is there an aftermarket bracket solution or tap intake for the OEM bracket for the passenger side?

Thanks!
Eric

IMG_7689.JPG

IMG_7688.JPG

IMG_7685.JPG

So the one you posted doesn't go from the bolt hole in the compressor head to the front of the cylinder head?

So the one you posted doesn't go from the bolt hole in the compressor head to the front of the cylinder head?

It bolts there, but no where to mount the other side to this intake not the cylinder head.

In this pic you can see on the original 340 it's mounting to the OEM intake, but nothing on this aftermarket intake.

IMG_7690.PNG

I haven't seen an aftermarket solution for it. I ran into the same issues years ago. The first time I made a custom bracket that attached to two intake manifold bolts. I dug around and found some bolts that had studs on them to mount the custom bracket to. It worked fine but it sure didn't look stock. The other time I had a piece of round aluminum stock welded to the intake that was tapped so the stock support would fit. When I mounted my carb the fuel line interfered with the support rod. I made a custom offset support rod to give me the clearance I needed. I had to do the same for the drivers side of the intake too. At least that one fit right. Both mounts were welded in the stock locations and at the stock mounting heights. I should have mounted the carb up first. I would have just offset the passengers mounting location so it was closer to the valve cover before it was welded on. Then the fuel line would have cleared it just fine.

Looks like I will have the installer fab a support and mount to the one of the intake bolt holes as none of the air gap manifolds have the bracket mount.

Get yourself a Weiand action plus intake...I'm almost certain it has the boss you are looking for

Get yourself a Weiand action plus intake...I'm almost certain it has the boss you are looking for
Good to know, but this is a brand new MRL engine and really don't want to spend any more money needlessly. I was told all air gap intakes are like this.

I'll be back home on tuesday, ill double check mine then
Also an MRL mill, but with the action plus and AC

Looks like I will have the installer fab a support and mount to the one of the intake bolt holes as none of the air gap manifolds have the bracket mount.

If you have AC the non air-gap RPM intake is the best choice since it has both bosses on it, just block off the exhaust crossover.

Modify a throttle cable bracket as needed for the attach point.

That should work pretty well I bet.

If you have AC the non air-gap RPM intake is the best choice since it has both bosses on it, just block off the exhaust crossover.

That should work pretty well I bet.
I gave that suggestion to my installer. Changing the intake is not an option at this time.

then i guess its time to do some fab work
look at how the stocker runs, cut and weld it to make it reach one of the intake bolts

i cant remember if i had Mike install the AC compressor or not

When this project is all done. I will have to send Fast Lane Classic Cars a big thank you letter.

Sorry that was sarcasm as this has been a big headache after buying the car exactly one year ago, driving the car 300 miles and then having to do a new engine. If you PM me then I could explain the whole the story, but it would be a lengthy message.

gotcha

dont worry about writing it down

kinda like the colonel who walked through the DoD AF facility one morning and stopped to ask how things where, I replied, are you truly concerned to know or are you just being polite, he replied..just being polite and hastily beat feet out of the area.

lol
its not that i truly dont care, but it sounds like it has been quite the hassle allready, and i didnt want you to have to type it all out

and your probably in for more trouble
i know when i got my MRL motor home things started to break down real quick
i blew the rear end out within 72 hours
and killed the transmission a few months later

lol
its not that i truly dont care, but it sounds like it has been quite the hassle allready, and i didnt want you to have to type it all out

and your probably in for more trouble
i know when i got my MRL motor home things started to break down real quick
i blew the rear end out within 72 hours
and killed the transmission a few months later

I understand.
God I hope not. Yes, it's been quite the hassle to say the least. We haven't really enjoyed the car and hoping it's done to get it home before the snow flies.

Where is the throttle return spring bracket is supposed to mount?

I am assuming based upon the photos from Summit that this is a Crosswind intake? The picture on their website shows the boss with a bolt hole.

IMG_7678.JPG

If I remember correctly, that one mounts on the forward 2 intake bolts

I would look into a lokar throttle cable setup
Thier return spring mounts on the back of the carb

-
Back