AC in the race car !??

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
Yep I said the two words that don't belong together AC and a race car. I've just not been happy with heat for the last 4 years or so. And I'm finding it to be a real Buzz Kill at the track. I haven't seen any threads on this lately and I really haven't looked for any. I've seen some aftermarket supposedly air conditioners that look kind of cheap and I'm not really sure if they would do what I want them to. I am planning on putting the interior back in the car but I don't plan on hooking up any kind of factory stuff. Any ideas would be great and any experience would be great and a picture would be awesome if anybody has anything out there? Right now in my mind's all I can picture is Larry the Cable Guy with the air conditioning unit in the back window and I'm thinking like a generator in the trunk but I'm done with the heat!

Watch the extra weight transfer better and hold the track better and give me a better ET LOL
I feel I'll be able to concentrate better on what I'm doing instead of concentrating on getting this over with so I can get out of this hot *** car.

Complete Mopar A-Body Air Conditioning Systems | A-Body AC Systems

Run a hose with a diverter valve so until you're staging, the inside of the car is cool, but when you get to the lights it diverts the cold air into the air cleaner, probably good for 60 hp or more
Oh, and don't take me too seriously.

I cant tell what the difference between kits is, probably mostly marketing so people doing a search....
You can select your system, then you are able to download the installation instructions to get a in-depth idea of the whole thing. Looks well thought out.
No fly by night-Johnny come lately, saw them demonstrating their system at a mopar show early 90's I think.

Last edited:
How about a 6 pac scoop on the roof...cut hole in roof to mount...put a swamp cooler pad under it.......

Men I'm not messing around here. I'm talking full hair blowing in the man-made cold air wind! Like have to roll my window down cuz I'm getting cold.

Men I'm not messing around here. I'm talking full hair blowing in the man-made cold air wind! Like have to roll my window down cuz I'm getting cold.
sit in your air conditioned truck in between runs.
or....
do I see a new challenger replacing the duster ? :rolleyes:

I don't blame you. Seems like the track is 20 degrees hotter than everywhere else. There should be aftermarket systems that will do what you want.

Waaaaiiiit. You need A/C in a race car in Portland, Oregon? Ok...:wtf:

It's been 100* once in the last month. Uno. Single event. One timer. And it's been in the mid seventies 13 days! That's not even summer, that's like spring!

I mean, this here is a beautiful month. I'd be driving my car every single day and loving this...
Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 9.55.58 PM.png

Heck, I'd be thrilled just to have a few days back in the mid eighties, 'cause we haven't seen that since the end of June. And I was out driving around on a bunch of those 100*+ days, no AC, in my daily driver Duster, because you know, it's my daily driver. Yeah. No sympathy here buddy. Too hot for a few runs at the track in Oregon. Sheesh. Where are the guys in Arizona and Vegas? Or maybe they all have AC.

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 9.56.54 PM.png

Waaaaiiiit. You need A/C in a race car in Portland, Oregon? Ok...:wtf:

It's been 100* once in the last month. Uno. Single event. One timer. And it's been in the mid seventies 13 days! That's not even summer, that's like spring!

I mean, this here is a beautiful month. I'd be driving my car every single day and loving this...
View attachment 1715075611

Heck, I'd be thrilled just to have a few days back in the mid eighties, 'cause we haven't seen that since the end of June. And I was out driving around on a bunch of those 100*+ days, no AC, in my daily driver Duster, because you know, it's my daily driver. Yeah. No sympathy here buddy. Too hot for a few runs at the track in Oregon. Sheesh. Where are the guys in Arizona and Vegas? Or maybe they all have AC.

View attachment 1715075612

Woodburn is notoriously hot. Hotter than a popcorn fart in the dog days of summer. Portland gets that hot sometimes. Since I'll be there tomorrow I'm sure it will bake my *** off.

Vegas has had 25 days in a roll where it was over 105 degrees...plus several weeks where It has been over 110....what a bunch of wussies...

actually today was pretty nice in the high 90s cause it was overcast from thunderstorms....monsoon season.

Yes we're very spoiled here in Oregon with the weather but that's kind of the point. our bodies are used to cooler temperatures. Or so it seems. I'm absolutely not looking for any sympathy I'm absolutely positive that most people on this part of the forum know exactly what I'm talking about no matter where they live. And I'm pretty sure there's people like I think in Vegas and places where they don't race this time of year it's too hot. I just really want to do something about it to make my time more enjoyable in the car. I am there to have fun. And again this is just me personally not being able to mentally deal with the heat as well anymore. (Yes a mental problem- me) you would have never thought, I'm sure?

Portable 12V Air Conditioner --Cheap and Easy!: 12 Steps (with Pictures)
Portable 12V Air Conditioner --Cheap and Easy!: 12 Steps (with Pictures)

Run a hose with a diverter valve so until you're staging, the inside of the car is cool, but when you get to the lights it diverts the cold air into the air cleaner, probably good for 60 hp or more
Oh, and don't take me seriously.
No! Take him Seriously!!!
This absolutely works!!!

J par. There is (some where) a shirt (T style) that runs cooled water through tubes sewed in the shirt. The tubes go to a cooler behind the driver with a small pump circulating the water.
Add ice as needed.

-------------------------------------------

Heat is realitive. los vegas guys are laughing at "We are hot at 87*!" But yet it is still 60+ degrees more than when it was chilly!

Speaking of which, what's cold to Los Vegas guys? 60*? 50*?

LMAO!!! Fraking wussies!!!!

JOKING, takenit EZ!
Except Tony LMAO!!!

Come on out when it's 0* and less and come to work with me as I did heavy equipment outside in the blizzard.

Seeiously! It's all realitive. What's the days humity level in AZ?

I can already tell I'm not interested in blowing the hot around on my sweaty body. LOL I'm really looking for the air to be colder.

-
Back