Addco Sway Bar

-

73dart_swinger

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number from addco for a sway bar for a 73 dart? Is it 150 or 596? 73 dart that did not come with a sway bar from the factory.

I put the 596 on my 70 Duster that has a 73 spool mount k frame. I went with the 1 1/8" bar because I dropped in a BB. I put a 675 on the rear.

Does anyone have pictures of the 596 bar installed? Where does it pass through the k-member? Where do the end links attach? The lower shock bolt?

The front ADDCO bar passes across the front of the k-member. There are two mounts that bolt to the K and brackets used on the shock mount bolts for the end links. It will take a little finessing to make it all work because it doesn't exactly fit like a glove.

The instructions that came with the bar are not the best.

Step 1. Pass the bar through the opening in the k-member.
(Does this mean over the brace that runs from the k-member to right below the radiator?)

Step 2. Bolt the adapter plates into the existing holes in the k-member. (No problem here) There is some more jibberish about connecting the bar to these adapter plates. (The bar has an arch to it in the center, does the bar arch upward or downward?)

Step 3. Assemble end links....

Step 4. Raise bar assembly and position the vertical leg of the angle bracket against front side of suspension arm, just inboard of rear end of the control strut. Mark the arm and drill with a 3/8" drill bit. (??? I thought the end links attached to the lower shock bolt?)

Step 5. Bolt the angle bracket to the suspension arm.

From the Just Suspension website.

Front Sway Bar Kit 596
SKU: SB596

Product Notes:
Mounts in the factory location, but has a larger diameter.

This sounds like the bar for a car with a factory sway bar?

Their instructions kind of sucked for the 150 on my 70 dart. I fought with that thing a couple nights after work with little success. I finally reversed the installation instructions and the thing went on in about 1 hour. I did the endlinks first, then swung the front of the bar up into the brackets and tightened everything down-MUCH easier than the half assed directions that came with it!

Oh,and the bar does work with the BBP 73 up disk brake conversion without swapping spindles from side to side. I did grind the corner off of the angle brackets that bolt to the lower shock mount bolt to clear the back of the caliper.

I had mine on in a little more than an hour. The hard part was drilling the holes thru the lower contrl arms.

Does anyone have pictures of the 596 bar installed? Where does it pass through the k-member? Where do the end links attach? The lower shock bolt?

Here you go!

Swaybar1.jpg

-
Back