Adjustable Rockers looks like 2 types

-

AZ-Nick

Reaction score
When I purchased my Dart and brought it home the valve cover gaskets were leaking so I removed the covers and noticed the 340 had adjustable rockers. I quickly took a few pictures of them but didn’t think anything more about them.
I was just looking at the pictures and I noticed that they look like 2 different brands of rockers! What do you think? I also have to figure out what brand they are. They look like old mopar, or maybe 273hp, any opinions?
I can barely see some numbers on the right one on the side of the arm.
Thanks

IMG_5258.png

T/A rockers and heads.
Check the block numbers to see if you have a complete T/A long block in there.
1724956317758.png

They are aftermarket if they have lock nuts. (Or they have been modified) Possibly Crane or Isky

I will start pulling things apart in about 4 weeks from now and I will check the underside of the rocker on the left for a brand name.
Does anyone know if mixing them together will cause any problems?

Looks like a mixture of 273 and aftermarket the stock rockers have a smaller machine area around the adjustment nut and the arm is straight the other are crane I think the upper area of the arm is reinforced and pad around nut is larger

When I purchased my Dart and brought it home the valve cover gaskets were leaking so I removed the covers and noticed the 340 had adjustable rockers. I quickly took a few pictures of them but didn’t think anything more about them.
I was just looking at the pictures and I noticed that they look like 2 different brands of rockers! What do you think? I also have to figure out what brand they are. They look like old mopar, or maybe 273hp, any opinions?
I can barely see some numbers on the right one on the side of the arm.
Thanks

View attachment 1716296184
If you could get a shot from straight on instead of from an angle, that would clear up some of it.

If you could get a shot from straight on instead of from an angle, that would clear up some of it.
I had a few more pictures in my phone. This is a different pair of Rockers, I think this is the best shot I have that maybe straight on.

IMG_5260.png

So I take it since nobody said that I should Not, it must be okay to mix match brands of rockers then.

I would be curious and do a ratio test on my engine and if one gave higher lift I personally would run that on the intake side. The biggest problem with those rockers were the insides. We banana grooved the shafts years ago to keep them from gulding on the shafts. Find the spec and check the inside diameter. Have fun and good luck.

Without going down a rabbit hole, take a couple off measure and compare critical points. If u can keep an eye out for another 8 of the bulky ones and replace. Or just run what u got.
So I take it since nobody said that I should Not, it must be okay to mix match brands of rockers then.

Times like this sometimes makes me think back to the 70’s and 80’s and the stuff we did. The moto “whatever it takes” comes to mind. 2 maybe 3 different types of rockers, TRW and Sealed Power pistons side by side, fly cutting pistons with a drill on built engines, polishing connecting rods with burs and sanding rolls, welding built short block decks in the car and machine it flat with a file do you could race the next weekend. And these were 9 and low 10 second engines. Man I love this sport. Lol

-
Back