Advertised as Kentucky Fried Chicken original recipe

-
There was no beef tallow or animal fat in the product we made for Tricon/Yum!, just Canola oil and Palm oil with other ingredients to make it harden and be mixed thoroughly.
This was in the early 2000s when I first started working there.
I personally ran the ''10/2'' machine for a few years off and on, and it was a pain in the ***...
And the shortening tasted somewhere between soap and wax when produced.
Yes, we had to do a taste test every hour! (as well as moisture and weight of the bricks etc.)
We have always been a ''Kosher'' plant, so no animal by products or ingredients are used in our production.
Remember, this is in Canada, so the U.S. might have had different rules.
BTW, I always liked the Kentucky Fried Chicken in the U.S. more than in Canada.
And I don't like the ''Extra Crispy'' version either, Original Recipe is what I like.
And chicken sandwiches?
I don't care for them, I prefer bone in chicken...
It was '95 when I started working at Pizza Hut. Tricon Global took over shortly after. That was the beginning of the end.

It was '95 when I started working at Pizza Hut. Tricon Global took over shortly after. That was the beginning of the end.
We make oil for Pizza Hut too.
It's not the same as Yum! oil, it's a lower grade, but still high quality.
I was surprised by this when we first stared production for both a couple of years ago seeing that they are owned by the same company.
We also make oil for Burger King and it isn't even close to the same as regular oils, it's more like liquid shortening.
And they have a very strict control over the quality, VERY strict.
Again, this is in Canada.
We also own Wesson in Memphis, Tennessee.
The company I work for is a major player in the industry...

We make oil for Pizza Hut too.
It's not the same as Yum! oil, it's a lower grade, but still high quality.
I was surprised by this when we first stared production for both a couple of years ago seeing that they are owned by the same company.
We also make oil for Burger King and it isn't even close to the same as regular oils, it's more like liquid shortening.
And they have a very strict control over the quality, VERY strict.
Again, this is in Canada.
We also own Wesson in Memphis, Tennessee.
The company I work for is a major player in the industry...
I work for a company that does food production equipment and yeah, you're 100% right, there's HUGE variance in the quality of various products, even within the same company. I cannot name names but I know one companies' frozen lasagna is made right next to a competitors' frozen lasagna in the same plant, and the quality of ingredients and care in manufacturing is vastly different.

It's all what the customer wants to pay for

-
Back