almost lost my finger yesterday

-

2kids

Reaction score
i am so bummed...

pushing my dart out of the garage last night, which i do all of the time, momentarily lost track of my positioning in the garage and BANG crushed lacerated left ring finger between the car door and garage.

hand surgeon monday....there goes my car budget.

cross your fingers for me that i wont be sidelined too long

darcy/2kids

That is really unfortunate, things like this happen when you least expect them, and of course too often when you can't afford them or have other plans for the funds that get sidetracked. Wish you luck with the surgeon next Monday.

when i was 10 my mom slammed my fingers in a pinto hatchback. then she couldnt find the keys...... the fingers made it. i know the feeling.

No good man! I've tried to lose a finger working on car stuff too, but the were able to do a little body work and get things stitched back to where they need to be. They can definitely do some amazing stuff. Hope all goes well for you.

I've still got all 10 'er however many, but there's been some close ones over the years.

When I was 4 or 5, got my fingers slammed into the door of a 48? Dodge my Gramma had at the time. These still had suicide doors. I had gotten out of the back and shut the rear door and got my hand in front of the rear door. My Gramma had gotten out of the front and was not watching, and slammed the front door, which caught my fingers

smashed my middle and ring finger tips, broken bones at the tips, needed pins.. still nice and stiff 4 months later .

Some weird stuff with the planets yesterday or something, I slammed my little finger in the car door. What you did sounds a lot worse though, sorry to hear.

and i am mr neurotic be careful guy...happened so fast.

no one around started going into shock....now all i want to do is fix my dash leak. oh well.

poor 24 yo girl lost 2 fingers a couple hours before me so i definitely did not earn the finger injury award!

:worthles::worthles:

:worthles:

Hope it all works out! All it takes is that one little oops

lmao i almost posted the same thing rotfl
chain%20saw.gif

:worthles::worthles:

:worthles:

Uh...........ok..............LOL

IMG_0757.jpg

AmI6chsCQAIaOkq.jpg

animal-animals-autsch-bandage-cast-cute-Favim.com-40145.jpg

FingerBandage.jpg

Bet this one is a 'ell of a lot of fun, LOL

11+last+bandage+change.JPG

Da look says it all>>>>>

Green-bandage575p.jpg

Hope the surgery goes well. Got a few fingers caught in the door of Uncle Georges old Ford wagon once, that is something you never forget. A buddy at work was swinging the last cage into a trailer. Got his finger caught between the stationary one and the swinging one that was about 1800 pounds. The end of his finger exploded. His finger nail was never found.....

pics

Attachments

• finger1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 255
  • finger2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 245
  • finger3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 253
OUCH! If it makes you feel any better last year I got sick with the flu. Went through a coughing spell and I decided to try and get up, passed out and smacked my head on the coffee table knocking myself out cold. Ambulance ride to the ER for me. Then at work I fell off a ladder (the ladder broke) one month later fracturing my leg in three places, dislocated my knee cap, and tore both my calf and my thigh. Off work one month and 5 months desk duty. So I can for sure say I feel for you. Seems the stupidest things get us.

Ok. Now that I've seem the pics. Let me add this.
It didn't sound like the ring was the cause of the injury.
But I see the doctor removing a ring, right?
Years ago I worked with a fellow who was climbing on stock shelves.
He slipped and his Georgia Tech ring and finger stayed on the top shelf.
The bones seperated at the second joint but the skin came off at the knuckle. He walked around with the hand grafted to his chest to get sking to cover the nub.
I do not wear a ring at all. I would suggest that if you have a "physical" job requiring climbing or working on machinery, tell your wife you love her but want to keep your fingers.

Aside from that story, I was tired, hungry and in a hurry to finish a job.
I was doing everything wrong with the table saw.
I severed the distal end of my right thumb almost completly at the joint.
Fortunatly, it lived.
I knew better. Be careful out there.

Ouch!! Man i've been there,had a cut off wheel let go last year broke some bones in my hand and finger and f***ed 1 knuckle,my first major one in the 33 years of doing bodywork!!!

Attachments

• IMG00154-20110902-1338.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG00155-20110902-1402.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 199
I got my thumb crushed in a brake used for bending tin to make flashings. The brake is rated at 10 tonnes. There was nowhere for the blood to go except burst through the skin at the knuckle where it connects to the hand. Lost 3 nails in a row.

I know how you feel.

and one handed typing is hard to do! ty for the nice pics all....starting to feel less alone lololol!

-
Back