Am i the only one that don't.....

-
Take it for what it is at face value. It's a uniquely American cultural thing that has developed in a prime seasonal social activity and big business. If you're into it fine, if not, fine. Just don't think you're better than anyone else because you like or don't for whatever reason.

Wow, those guys do make alot of money for playing a game though, huh? I knew I should have become a pro athlete. Damn! :scratch:

I agree with Ace, to each-your own, however I have no use it and found myself channel surfing, as it was somewhere around 0 degrees, prohibiting me from doing anything else, other than surfing my favorite sites. It is kind of funny how many of us agree on this...

Topics like this always make me want to rant so here goes, and please don't take this personally- I am not judging anyone.

1. I would rather play sports than watch them on TV any day.

2. The idol worship in this country is way out of hand. This includes movie stars and sports stars. We pay someone throwing a ball around or acting millions of dollars a year to have fun and we pay our firemen/police/first responders near minimum wage while risking there lives = this is just a screwed up priority!

3. The average working Joe can not afford to take his kids to a game anymore anyway so why should we watch it on TV. The last Yankee game that I went to cost me over 200 bucks in parking/concessions with my kids and that was with free tickets! The last movie I went to see in the theater ran me 75 bucks with my wife and 4 kids!

4. I don't need the superbowl as an excuse to party and drink with my friends....I do that anyway!

Again, this is only my opinion. I judge not.

Russ

Russ, I agree except for the fireman thing, they are very well payed in Washington and I think people sensationalize their job to much also. Now police officers are definately getting the short end of the stick. They are payed less than firemen, they take crap from the bad guys, they take crap from lawyer's of the bad guys in court, they are constantly under attack from the media and all with a mountain of paperwork.

Chuck

-
Back