AMD 67 Barracuda Quarter Panels

-

ricker4444

Some Day
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the AMD full quarter panels (not the skins)? The guy who is doing my car has shown me that the contour or crown of the panel does not line up at all with the door pillar. He said there is no way that these things will fit properly without major modifications. I called AMD and they said that they have not had any problems. Can anyone offer any insight?

Attachments

• 700-1267-R.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 399
"they have not had any problems" is your standard BS reply from a company that doesn't care.

If they don't fit to the contour of the door, send them back.

I am told the 69 ones put on my car dropped right on with minimum work ......

As well as the Trunk Floor extensions.

AMD is the best and only route to go when it comes to Mopar sheet metal. They stand behind their product, and with good reason. Those who have never installed AMD parts have no idea what kind of quality they put out. When they say "we haven't had any complaints" it's not "bs", its the truth. I've sold a lot of their product and have had ZERO complaints. Best stuff on the market in the Mopar world.

Show us the pics of your installation..........otherwise......

I am not the one doing the work so please be patient. I am not trying to smear AMD. I have bought a bunch of stuff from them. I am just looking for insight. The pictures I have attached show that when they are lined up at the top and bottom of the door it is way off in the middle. Same if you line up the middle the top and bottom are off. Sorry the pictures are sideways but you should be able to see what I am talking about. It is also aligned at the top at the back window and cannot move up any higher.

Attachments

• door 4.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 354
  • door 3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 354
  • door 2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 367
Does not look like a problem to me, the new quarter panel only extends into the jamb a little bit and this panel is easy to line back up. Sometimes when they ship them they tip over and hit the ground... causing this kind of thing.

Bend it back!

I realize that you're asking specifically about full AMD quarter panels, but we ran into similar issues with fitment on partials for our '68 Charger. To get the contour right we had to make a series of slits on the front lip where it overlaps next to the doors. I wouldn't call it a major fitment problem. We noticed the issue when we test fitted the panel over the old quarters.

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 9b.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 233
  • 1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 250
1967'cuda, The areas where you marked with yellow on your chargers 1/4's are near the same areas that factory original 1/4's have small round-ish type slits. IM guessing with production tolerances the way they were back then even the factory needed a little "adjustment" room as all these cars seem to be just a little different here and there. That must be the explanation for some having a perfect fit and others needing the slight adjustment..... my thoughts

I am told the 69 ones put on my car dropped right on with minimum work ......

As well as the Trunk Floor extensions.

Does your side bezel fit and is it in the right spot?

for the 1968 rear quarter panels.
Also does anybody know if the 68 side lights holes are in the right spot.

Does your side bezel fit and is it in the right spot?

for the 1968 rear quarter panels.
Also does anybody know if the 68 side lights holes are in the right spot.

I am told they do. Car is in final sanding and shoul be painted by mid march. I will let you know.

apparently you need a better body guy, thats just as simple as putting a block of wood in behind the panel and a porta power and pushing the panel out until its even and welding it

less then 2 hours work there, you have to expect it some on repro panels, just lucky they still make them!

Keep in mind, I'm just a self taught hobbyist.......

But doesn't it look like the body guy just blended the area in question with bondo? Guess that's one way to fix it, hopfully he took the time to get it to fit better before hand.

Don't mean to be negative or bashing, just wanted to point that out.

Keep in mind, I'm just a self taught hobbyist.......

But doesn't it look like the body guy just blended the area in question with bondo? Guess that's one way to fix it, hopfully he took the time to get it to fit better before hand.

Don't mean to be negative or bashing, just wanted to point that out.

If you are talking about post #18 then this is not the OP 's 67. That filler in post #18 is super thin was not yet finished blocked. These panels fit good and a little blending is pretty standard if you want a quality fit and finish.

When I ordered my quarters AMD told me I was one of the first ones to order a set & they wanted me to get back to them. They wanted to see how they fit. They went on perfect ! I put on many quarter skins from other companies & from now on I will not buy body parts from any place else. I have used other body parts from AMD & they all fit nice. I have put full quarters on a 69 cuda, 73 challenger & 73 dart sport. Fit & alignment was nice. Any questions feel free to pm me:-D

-
Back