AMD bumpers

-
Me willing to take my chancessssssssssss.Going to better than what I have now.The org rear was dented up and bent the second on I got was crap but better,so this one well need I say more.

BrianT: I have bought so many parts within the last 12 months,
that I am not sure but I think I paid $325.00 after sending in my core.

:)
Wilson

Attachments

• end of season 001.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 297
Thanks!! That is good info. A new AMD is $300 delivered. I'd pay $25 more to buy an American made bumper.

If you have a decent core it shouldn't cost a small fortune to chrome a bumper. As far as "show chrome" goes. ANY plater that doesn't triple chrome plate is not selling a quality product period.

Copper, nickel, chrome is the ONLY way to get a quality coating. The base coat of copper is as essential as primer and body work. A good plater will first pound out and straighten the part to be chromed. Then the part will be plated with a thick coating of copper. The copper is then polished to a mirror finish, for large flat pieces the part may actually be block sanded first to get it as flat as possible. This mirror finish, like the underlying bodywork on a paint job, telegraphs through the finished nickel and chrome.

After polishing, the part is degreased and plated with nickel, and then flash plated with chrome. While the part may sit in the nickel bath for 20 minutes it will spend less than a minute in the chrome tank. Most people don't realize that when they look at a chromed part, most of what they are seeing is the underlying nickel.

Chrome plating prices have gone through the roof over the last few years because with increasing water quality laws, (shops can no longer dump their waste down the drain) many smaller shops were forced out of business. With less competition prices naturally rose.

Now with competition for at least some chrome parts from off shore, these job shops should be forced to either raise their quality or lower their prices.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I have alot of perfect cores and good drivers. But I needed bumpers in a hurry for a car show at a local dealer and also our one of our sponcers . So I went with AMD. I really only needed the rear but I ordered both so I had it for my 70,

When they arrived the front was nice . The rear was not as nice it had a dip in the left side as the one on the lime green Duster above. It was an easy fix because they are alot thinner then the factory bumpers. But the chrome was wavy and you could see scratches under the chrome with florecent lighting. I called AMD up and explained. They were very nice and told me to use it for the show. Afterwards to call them and they will have it picked up and replace it.

The second bumper had the same dip on the left but the chome was nice. He explained they were having quality problems and were working on it. I straighten the dip and put is on my Pro-street Duster.

The AMD bumpers look as nice as original. They don't have that deep blue look as a triple plate rechome. But you only need that when you are doing a car where You have alot of other pieces plated that are next to the bumper.

My next bumpers will be AMD. they are supplying alot of parts for our cars and I say give them a chance. They are really good to deal with compared to some chroming places where you get someone elses bumber back that was repaired.

If your sending your bumper to get rechromed weld your name in the back and make a tracing with pics. I had some nightmares with some chroming companies. I already got a bumper back with a weld seam down the middle where they welded two halves together.

I had it shipped to a friend's place over in Clayton NY. Shipping cost was
minimum within continental US. I think $25.00
I bought a complete exhaust for the car and had it shipped to same
location. It cost $18.00

Wilson
:)

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 019.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 059.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 264
Anybody buy 67-69 Cuda bumpers from AMD? I had a quote for both bumpers and tail lights to re-chrome for $ 1,000.00. I haven't seen their work so I'm sitting on the fence with this one! Thinking of taking my originals and stuffing them in the rafters for future and buying a pair of AMD'S..

Snake: I don't understand your response.Did you see me in Belleville
today???

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 291
Anybody buy 67-69 Cuda bumpers from AMD? I had a quote for both bumpers and tail lights to re-chrome for $ 1,000.00. I haven't seen their work so I'm sitting on the fence with this one! Thinking of taking my originals and stuffing them in the rafters for future and buying a pair of AMD'S..

Craig my 67 Cuda bumpers are AMD. I am very happy with them I think I paid 500 for the pair shipped.

Craig my 67 Cuda bumpers are AMD. I am very happy with them I think I paid 500 for the pair shipped.
If you would be so kind.. Please send me some pic's!! I would love to see! If you are happy then I'm sure they are very nice. I'm not after show quality just very nice.. Thanks in advance.. Craig.P.M. sent..

If you would be so kind.. Please send me some pic's!! I would love to see! If you are happy then I'm sure they are very nice. I'm not after show quality just very nice.. Thanks in advance.. Craig.P.M. sent..

Hey post pics here so we all can see

Snake: How do you know me????
Were you skating near me and the better half?????
Now you know I'm lousy on skates. First time in 22 years,
lacing up a pair of skates.

you were leaving on foot when we got there ,we have spoke a few times at the Canadian Tire cruise insin Belleville when you had the Challenge,I waved at ya today but you snub me lol no worries.Also at the LCBO my week end hang out.:snakeman:

Sorry....didn't mean to snub. I can't picture who you are.
I didn't recognize anyone today.
Next time you are in the store, introduce yourself (again).

Regards
Wilson

Well,I'll be ordering my front and rear bumpers from AMD tomorrow !!! Checked locally,and besides the 10 week turn around time,they wanted $1,013 !!! $529 shipped from Tampa,Fl. !!! I'll cross my fingers too !! I purchased both quarter panels from AMD,and when I stopped at the body shop to check on the progress on my '69 Dart my guy was very happy with the quality of the 1/4's !!! I have in the past had bumpers rechromed with what I found out afterwards to be just a 2 stage process,never again !!! There's only one listed right now,but I did send a msg and got the response about having both front and rears !!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16071467656...em=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

I do not know about the bumpers, but KMS here sells AMD and my brother just bought the 340 hood for his 69 dart from them and the body man said it was excellent and he told another customer to order one.

how much they going to charge for the tail light bezels themselves ? the chinese repops are gonna cost 400+ shipping and tax ,$1000 for both bumpers and both bezels is pretty decent really, you're going to be out a lot more than 500 by the time you truck freight them to onterrible and get dinged for duty and gst {or are you guys hst now too ?} I paid $1500 for both bumpers, both 69 tail light bezels, both rings for around the front grills ,plus a fish emblem and the little inner trim pieces for the 69 tail light . I think at the time I was looking at close to 900 to get a pair of AMD bumpers after shipping etc....

I flipped a coin and got AMD. 530 bucks for front and rear bumpers shipped right to my door.They looked just fine to me and I'm happy with them. Tri city would of been almost if not over 700 with shipping and bumper boys was 800 with my old ones. I look at it this way it's a bumper and it looks good. People buy crager wheels and their chinise made. I believe in buying american also but when americans charge you out the *** for something cause it's a 1967 barracuda, damn right I'll go some place else.

-
Back