an idea of making a 340 look like a hemi

-

racerkilla

Reaction score
i was messing around in the garage tonight and i have an old set of 354 hemi valve covers... they just about fit over a 340 mopar valve cover... some trimming on the back would make them fit good.

id be able to run the wires down through the valve covers and when all was said and done the hemi valve cover would cover the view of headers, spark plugs, be able to hide the oil fill and pvc under the dummy covers as well. ill weld studs to the steel 340 covers so i have some way to attach the hemi covers...

has any one done this... or think its a cool idea. I figured at a quick look be pretty cool

Pretty cool idea, messin around in the garage must have involved some rolling papers LOL. Keep us posted!!

ehh messing around tonight, including my 3inch exhaust with header wrap from collectors to muffler... trying to keep heat down. plus it looks cool. no rolling papers here, i stay away from that.. some buddy's with a few beers

motor is nasty dirty... sat for 15 years.. runs good but it will all be getting pulled out and painted once resto gets more into that stage but here is pics of valve covers..

its just sittin there... i need to cut back some so the back of the original valve cover can go more up in... make some hidden brackets... weld heads of bolts in in the lip of hemi covers to make it more real... then some rubber grommets around the spark plug hole... what do u guys think... i can do them super nice if i choose to
S5001993.jpg

S5001994.jpg

S5001995.jpg

S5001996.jpg

S5001998.jpg

i can keep hemi ones up some to hide the pvc hose under and out the back... for the oil fill i can cut it down or use a super short one....

thats because its not sitting down flat all the way... the 340 covers are like 1/2 inch to long for old hemi covers to drop over them all the way... ill have to cut the back of the hemi cover.. i could get a tighter fit

also im gonna use a aluminum tray on top of the carb thats like 20 by.... with foam to seal it to the hood so it will over up carb most of the intake and out towards the water pump.

i figured it would make people look twice haha

Yeah. That's a neat idea man. If you put grommets in the plug wire holes and trim um like yer talkin about and make um fit real good, that'll look really cool. A 340 hemi. lol

whats in yer radiator overflow, piss? LOL

I've seen these adaptor covers for sbc that hold bogus hemi covers over them, now why would you wanna be like them?

I think it looks cool, be something different and get people thinking if you ever open your hood at shows.

thats not my overflow jug....its a gallon jug i run the car off of with gas... i have the thank out... its usually pushed by the radiator but right there it was down by the fan because with it wedged in place hood wont close... some friends wanted to see how nice the hood fit closed

as for the valve covers i think im gonna... mise well do it. an old set of hemi covers and some old rusty chrome small block covers... if i dont like it i buy the sheet metal valve covers like i planned. Just was an idea i was throwing around

-
Back