Another 68 Dodge Dart....

-
HemiDartMark...got kinda a good sound to it....just say'n

Stopped by Mark V's and took a couple dozen pictures on the way
home tonight......forwarded them to the OP......(up to him to post).

Car should be all in primer by the weekend.

some progress pictures complaments of Old Man Mopar.....

Attachments

• Dart Somma 032012 001.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 486
  • Dart Somma 032012 002.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 507
  • Dart Somma 032012 010.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 487
  • Dart Somma 032012 009.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 494
  • Dart Somma 032012 008.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 509
  • Dart Somma 032012 007.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 491
  • Dart Somma 032012 006.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 503
  • Dart Somma 032012 005.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 484
  • Dart Somma 032012 004.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 493
  • Dart Somma 032012 003.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 502
more.....

Attachments

• Dart Somma 032012 020.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 500
  • Dart Somma 032012 019.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 492
  • Dart Somma 032012 018.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 507
  • Dart Somma 032012 016.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 490
  • Dart Somma 032012 013.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 498
  • Dart Somma 032012 012.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 497
Mark,
Car is coming along great but I have to ask, your not holding your breath for an exact date on the paint, are you ? thats pretty risky when dealing with paint and body guys....no offense to Mark V (painter). Theres going to be another coming up in Cone-ville, USA (aka.. Mogadore, Ohio), for the the final test fit with Denny pretty soon, hopefully you can clear your calendar (probally on a Wednesday, again).....I will try to give you more notice this time.

Mark,
Car is coming along great but I have to ask, your not holding your breath for an exact date on the paint, are you ? thats pretty risky when dealing with paint and body guys....no offense to Mark V (painter). Theres going to be another coming up in Cone-ville, USA (aka.. Mogadore, Ohio), for the the final test fit with Denny pretty soon, hopefully you can clear your calendar (probally on a Wednesday, again).....I will try to give you more notice this time.

Keep me posted on the date. I will try but I have been working on a remodel of a bathroom every Wednesday and Friday!.. I'm holding out hope that the 22 is a hard and fast date!

IMG_0061.jpg

I don't like the idea of building bathrooms 2 days a week, bar & restuarant
other days, and all blended with building 2 cars at once.

Something is bound to get mixed up here: "No.....We don't use the 12" pipe
wrench on the line-loc fittings".

BTW Mark......What color is the Demon going to be on the inside?

I think it should sit higher....then the shower head can fit better!!!
Truth be told I have not touched a car part since the bathroom project has started other than taking the steering column to te powder coaters. The Demon is coming along very well. I want my DART! I will post some progress pics of the Demon tomorrow.

What color is your bathroom going to be on the inside?

I didn't take pictures until Papst ask to see them so a lot of work has already been completed.

under the window was a corner jacuzzi tub that we used 5 times since 1988!

photo7.jpg

recessed cabinets.
photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

This is the shower .... the product is called WEDI ..... its the greatest stuff I have ever used in a remodel for a shower. Made in Germany!
photo1.jpg

If you look at the ceiling in the shower you can see a stub out. Thats for the rain shower head.
photo8.jpg

photo3.jpg

this is going in the center of the room, under the chandelier.
photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

yellow is the double sinks and the tan is the shower. Hey Denny.... Donny is helping me on this project and I have to tell you that he is almost as anal as you! Perfection is the only way, no corners cut!

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 365
perfection is NOT our goal....it is our STANDARD.

the difficult we do immediately...the impossible might take an x-tra 10 minutes.

anal????....I spent last weekend tearing the 18x36 tile off the walk-in master bath in the new house....the tile guy lays tile like Picasso...but gets confused five minutes after given directions. Calls to ask if OK to empty the trash...but anything important...no such luck

BTW....I'd better call Guido....that doesn't look like it's up to code.....better get out a handfull of cash to smooth this little infraction over....$500 should do it!

Wedi is something I found searching the INTERNET. There is a retailer 10 minutes from me so Don and I went to take a look. The Wedi system is out standing. Easy to cut (utility knife) and super easy to work with. The Wedi caulking is almost like rubber.. It's Styrofoam with a thin cement and mesh coating.
photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

-
Back