Another bad weekend

-
Spent the night at the niece’s. Bed was way too soft. Found her daughters crib and robbed the mattress from it. Laid it on the floor. Wasn’t too bad but wasn’t the greatest. Will be home tonight so will see how that goes. Thanks for all the well wishes, prayers and concerns from my mopar family. Kim

IMG_3586.jpeg

Last edited:
oldkimmer
Wow, at least you can lie down, flat on your back, or side, when sleeping.
BUT, how's getting back up to walk around, from that position?
Much of a problem? None at all?

After i had heart surgery they didn't want me to lie down flat on my back, and naturally not on my stomach.
Before i went in for surgery i bought myself a power recliner.
I knew what post surgery recovery was going to be like before i went in.
So i slept in the recliner, with the back in a lower position, other than upright.

Then still, i had to compress down on my chest, a heart shaped pillow, when getting up, to keep internal stitches in place, where they need to be, in recovery.

But i didn't get 7 inches of stitches on my chest where they opened me up.
They human super glue you back together.
NO scar.
Can't even tell that i was opened up.

Take care, for the recovery to go well.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Last edited:
oldkimmer
Wow, at least you can lie down, flat on your back, or side, when sleeping.
BUT, how's getting back up to walk around, from that position?
Much of a problem? None at all?

After i had heart surgery they didn't want me to lie down flat on my back, and naturally not on my stomach.
Before i went in for surgery i bought myself a power recliner.
I knew what post surgery recovery was going to be like before i went in.
So i slept in the recliner, with the back in a lower position, other than upright.

Then still, i had to compress down on my chest, a heart shaped pillow, when getting up, to keep internal stitches in place, where they need to be, in recovery.

But i didn't get 7 inches of stitches on my chest where they opened me up.
They human super glue you back together.
NO scar.
Can't even tell that i was opened up.

Take care, for the recovery to go well.
Jim V.
hemi71x
Jim, it’s still hard to lay flat on my back. Maybe 10-15 minutes the I have to switch for my left side. No laying on the right side at all. I had a pillow to press against my belly but now just my hand. But I think I’ll get a small pillow. Still a pain getting up off of my back or side. Thanks for all the good tips. I’m sure I’ll use most of them. Kim

Jim, it’s still hard to lay flat on my back. Maybe 10-15 minutes the I have to switch for my left side. No laying on the right side at all. I had a pillow to press against my belly but now just my hand. But I think I’ll get a small pillow. Still a pain getting up off of my back or side. Thanks for all the good tips. I’m sure I’ll use most of them. Kim
Getting up from my back or side is pretty hard tonight. I’m sure I need more than 2 Tylenol every 6 hours. I tried to lay down just 10 minutes ago and had terrible pain getting back up. I guess I’ll be sleeping in a chair tonight. Dam. But at least I can get out of it without to much trouble. Kim

A little better today. As to everyone asking about my meds and antibiotics the DR. didn’t prescribe anything. I still find that pretty odd. Kim.

I went to the clinic today to have the staples removed. My Dr. only removed every other one as it’s not healing as fast as we hoped. I havent been getting any better as I seem to have plateaued. Doesn’t seem to be any infection which is good. Kim

I went to the clinic today to have the staples removed. My Dr. only removed every other one as it’s not healing as fast as we hoped. I havent been getting any better as I seem to have plateaued. Doesn’t seem to be any infection which is good. Kim
keep an eye on that boss man, infection can jump up real quick. if you get feverish or you're not feelin' it, truck your *** to urgent care (or whatever y'all have up there) on the pronto.

sending healing vibes and well wishes your way

Hang in there. Make sure you eat a bit of Yogert each day. Antibiotics kills off the bad bacteria but also the good bacteria.

Thanks guys. I’m a little better today. After the doc removed 1/2 my staples we have to change my dressing about every 3-4 hours because of bleeding. There was some puss coming out the first few times. We put polysporyn on the incision. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this useless ever in my life. I’m bored all to hell. Kim

Spending the next few days in the hospital after have my ruptured appendix removed. Hurt like hell. I’m better now. I’m just getting over my slip on the ice a month ago. Now this. Ouch! Yes, it totally sucks getting old. Kim

View attachment 1716222618

View attachment 1716222619

You are one tough sob !!

It'll take more than this to stop you...

Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery!!

AL.

Update. I went to see the doc this morning. He removed the rest of the staples which caused the incision to open up. He cleaned it out some then put steri strips on and sent me to see my surgeon 2 1/2 hours away. The surgeon cleaned it up real good and put about 2 feet of gauze into the opening. He sewed it up with a needle and thread. Wrote a scrip for a couple antibiotics. Then sent me home. I have to go back on Friday. Dam, this is gonna be a long drawn out process. Kim

well, dang.

take all your antibiotics and rest. keep that junk clean and don't miss your date with the doctor. it's a long road but we're all pulling for you dude!

Update. I went to see the doc this morning. He removed the rest of the staples which caused the incision to open up. He cleaned it out some then put steri strips on and sent me to see my surgeon 2 1/2 hours away. The surgeon cleaned it up real good and put about 2 feet of gauze into the opening. He sewed it up with a needle and thread. Wrote a scrip for a couple antibiotics. Then sent me home. I have to go back on Friday. Dam, this is gonna be a long drawn out process. Kim
Keep on keepin on buddy!!

All the best..

Last edited:
Hang in there Kim. The older we get, the easier our patience is tried! I know you're bound to be tired of sitting, but you'll get there pretty soon. I had to have my gall bladder out 2 years ago and it went really well. 2 days later, I felt so good that I decided to jump on the riding mower and do the yard, even though my wife told me it wasn't a good idea. 3 laps around, and I had to quit and humbly ask her to finish! :BangHead: She was kind enough not to say "I told you so" lol, so I fully understand the boring sitting around.

:thumbsup:

-
Back