Another Day and Score at the Upullandpay

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Checked online today to see if anything good was in there and it showed they had a 68 Dodge 100 truck so I packed up my tools and made my way down there.

Truck was practically unmolested/untouched and had the original radio even. The dash pad had ZERO cracks in it! Even found an old tin/steel 7-UP can under the seat, lol. Have pics to follow as well.

Well I scored a 741 case with open 3.55's out of the truck. It was exceptionally clean on the inside too. Also, it seems that upap has picked up another idiotic practice....when I pulled the chunk out there was zero lube in it which worried me. I thought that it might be burnt up inside. Well, as you can see in the pic, they're now drilling/chiselling/whatevering holes in the bottom of the housing to drain the fluid out. I understand that they're trying to be more "Green" but come on....
Also picked up a like new Sunpro Super tach II that was in a 75 K5 Blazer.

The Blazer had a BB Chevy layin in the back with some nice rod/piston through the oil pan action, lol. Have pics of that too. Oh, also found a tinfoil crack pipe in the door storage, lol.

Also there was a 69 Cougar, have a pic, that still had the hide-a-way headlight covers/linkage/vaccum diaphram assembly.....can't believe someone let that stuff go.

Good day out I'd say :)

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_1035.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_1056.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_1037.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_1038.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_1041.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_1039.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_1033.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 370
More Dodge Truck and 7UP can pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_1043.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_1045.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_1046.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1049.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 356
Blazer and Cougar pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1032.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_1031.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_1053.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_1054.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1055.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 351
Nice score. I love the Blazer pics. lol

Take the housing and tig it closed.

Might speak with a manager about how they took a perfectly salable housing and turned it into scrap. Maybe suggest you'd buy it at a 300/ton scrap rate because it's going to take a few hours to fix it.

Couldn't hurt.

shame to see that trk in the scrap yard some people just don't know what they got

Take the housing and tig it closed.

Might speak with a manager about how they took a perfectly salable housing and turned it into scrap. Maybe suggest you'd buy it at a 300/ton scrap rate because it's going to take a few hours to fix it.

Couldn't hurt.

Hmmm, you actually might be on to something. Either suggest the scrap weight and if they deny that, offer to pay only 1/2 of what they want. Now, you got me thinkin. I do already have a housing from a 72 p/u, never hurts to have more, right? lol

Why not just undo the drain plugs and keep the parts useable?! Morons

Yeah, but they do that to anything with fluid there. They puncture all trans pans, oil pans, and gas tanks as well!!!

Also, when they pick truck, suvs, etc, up with the fork lift they don't remove the driveshaft either. The bend every single one!!
When I was building my 86 Ramcharger I went up there to get a d/s from a 70's ramcharger so I wouldn't have to have one made to put a Dana60 rear in it. There were actually 2 or 3 of those years up there and low and behold.....every single frickin one was bent in half!!!

Nice score. I love the Blazer pics. lol

Lol.
Amazingly, when I peeked through the hole I could see the crank journal that the rod came off.....Looked like it made it unscathed actually. Nice and smooth/polished with no scratches/knicks/gouges.
The motor looked fairly fresh too....either someone forgot to tighten some rod bolts or just over-revved the crap outta it.lol
Oh, there was an intake manifold laying next to it as well....fuel injected.

Yeah, but they do that to anything with fluid there. They puncture all trans pans, oil pans, and gas tanks as well

They do that here, too. It's not about the yard trying to be green it's about the regulations handed to them. They'd rather loose a part like an oil pan or a trans pan, than for it to have any fluids that may leak and result in a huge fine for letting fluids seep into the ground. Cheaper that way.

I have a buddy who owns a scrapyard. Not a salvage yard, but a scrapyard. He's not allowed to sell parts under his license.

The new regs they were hitting him with damn near put him out of business before his health did.

All oils and fluids have to be kept in state approved containers, above ground. If he wanted to store underground he'd have to jump through the same hoops as a gas station to put in new tanks.

All state approved containers have to be labeled and fluids can't be mixed. Engine oil, gear oil, trans fluid, coolant all the have to be separated. Funny, but as a shop owner I could roll the oil drop bucket over under a car and drain a rear or trans into the same container I would drop oil from an engine in.

All prep work has to be done on a concrete pad at least six inches thick and twice the size of any vehicles he works on to be able to control spills before they get to the ground. He has a small garage at his yard he does his prep work in, but it's not big enough, he needs one bigger.

No more than a 100 tires on site at any time. DEC nailed him with 2500 tires. It cost him $4 bucks a pop to get rid of them.

Oh, and no more speedy dry unless it's placed in a proper container for disposal. If he doesn't have the proper state approved container he has to use mats. As a shop owner, I could spill all day long, go through a 50# of kitty litter and throw it right in the trash.

Wow, geez.
They do have a seperate area that they do it in, and it is a huge slab of cement with crusher, lift and everything on it.
I was wondering about the rearend punctures being a new reg because it's a new thing from what I know/saw in the past. They never used to drain the rears.

What's sad is, is the Blazer was in pretty good shape, no rust and straight. The interior was descent and the center consol looked to be in great shape. Also, there were all the parts to reassemble a bigblock bowtie and even had all new brake hardware still in plastic laying in the back.
Also, kinda weird that there was that drug paraphenalia in there and the truck had military base gate stickers all over it. Coulda been a civilian employee though...just never know these days, lol.

does that sweptline truck have a good bed on it ....I know someone looking for the long bed assy. for a 70 sweptline that is a stakebed now

does that sweptline truck have a good bed on it ....I know someone looking for the long bed assy. for a 70 sweptline that is a stakebed now

I'll have to check. I don't remember it being all beat up and rusty or anything but, I'll take some pics and post them from the yard for you Rani.

What sucks is that whole Dodge being in the yard. They're getting rarer and rarer.

You could pull the DODGE letters on the hood, the emblems, marker lenses, etc.

Those truck dash pads are hard to find, I sold a crack free one on eBay a few years ago, got bid up to $135!

Those truck dash pads are hard to find, I sold a crack free one on eBay a few years ago, got bid up to $135!

Well maybe I should go back tomorrow and snag it!!!

I did pull some parts for another member.

Total though, I snagged the front signal/parking lamp assemblies, they are in almost new condition, just the driver side lense has a small chip in it.
Pulled the DODGE hood emplems, pitting here in there. Pulled the driver side DODGE emblem, in good shape and the 100 emblem. Pulled the pass side tail light lense, a little faded but no chips. Got the sun visors...no cracks at all, they are white in color, just dirty/dusty. Also got the wiper arm assemblies in very good shape.
Was gonna grab the radio for the member but some fool dismantled the radio, snipped/ripped the wires off and left it in shambles on the floor!! They didn't seem to take anything from it either, just screw it up.

Edit: Oh, the headlight trim rings were in excellent shape as well, just give em a sand/or blast and repaint em.

I could also snag up the axles if another member wanted them, they are the beefy truck axles that have enough to be resplined when cut down. Also the 4.5 on 5 lug pattern.

-
Back