Another Facebook Scammer "Mopar Marketplace" forum

-
IMG_7383.gif

I hate scammers/thieves, they take advantage of the naïve and the desperate.

From a few months back. I contacted the real B & R Wrecking and confirmed they have a yard in Graham WA but not that one. Also they had no 1964 Didge Dart in the company inventory. Also they will take credit cards and e-checks, PayPal but no Apple Pay. I was leary when the ad responded back and stated $200 total for 2 rally wheels, rings and inserts which also included free shipping. Free shipping from WA to Ohio plus two "perfect condition" rally wheels...I don't think so. B & R Wrecking still has their usual FB page but BR Wrecking is gone.

Capture 11.JPG

Capture.JPG

FB scammers are usually so stupid it’s easy to spot them if you’re paying attention.
If I see anything suspicious, I’ll report the seller AND the ad. It’s common that scammers will hack a legit FB user and try to scam potential buyers using someone else’s account.
Buyers are also scammers. Sold a low mileage 360 to a guy in St. Pete, Florida. He came to my home in Lake Placid, Fl. and liked what he seen, but was $100.00 short., due to the cost of the trip. I told him to take the motor, since he was here and send me the $100.00. Well, it's been three years. Because of him, I will not give anyone any slack any longer. Don't blame me, blame the scammer. Scam me once, shame on you, scam me twice, shame on me. I had my once. There are a lot of good people to deal with, as I bought several online items from private parties and never was burn, until this one.

I remember reading on here a long time ago a thread about a pos engine and a crate of rocks. If I remember correctly buyer bought a supposedly good engine that turned out to be junk. Only got a partial refund but sent "engine" back to seller. Turns out he sent back a crate of rocks lmao. Funny as f**k, can't find the thread dammit....

Last edited:
Beware of the following who ghosted me after payment of a supposed Carlisle, PA delivery. PayPal Goods and Services was utilized.

Looking for slant 6 torsion bars at Carlisle

View attachment 1716269571

View attachment 1716269572
971 area code is Portland Oregon - that's an immediate red flag for me!
I admin several Mopar groups & I'm usually pretty good at sniffing out the scammers.
More often than not, they're Cameroon based & steal legitimate profile photos for a fake account. The Carlisle bait was pretty creative!
Sucks that you got swindled :(

. I contacted the real B & R Wrecking and confirmed they have a yard in Graham WA but not that one
If you can read the coparts number on the windshield post that number. That's how I found the red dart convert was a scam for sure

I was looking at parts from a wrecked red 67 dart convertible

The guy had 3 names and the first and middle were a couple letters off of an actor and the middle and the last also another actor.

I made a post about it here on FABO a few weeks ago
I used your post here to call him out on the roadrunner chat and modification sites. He disappeared like a bums last dollar.

971 area code is Portland Oregon - that's an immediate red flag for me!
I admin several Mopar groups & I'm usually pretty good at sniffing out the scammers.
More often than not, they're Cameroon based & steal legitimate profile photos for a fake account. The Carlisle bait was pretty creative!
Sucks that you got swindled :(

I think the new scammer deal is to create groups and the scammers themselves are the admins.

I got scammed from an ad in Hemmings Motor News years ago. This was the days before internet. He "got" me because he sounded completely legit on the phone because when I asked him about some of the other parts he had listed, he actually told me that he had sold them. So, to me, at the time, I was thinking, well, if it was a scam, he would have "sold" me those also. Called Hemmings after he actually sent a box filled with paper (No idea why he actually sent anything), and they gave me a detective from the sellers area. He got me for something like $1300. Overall, the detective knew about 30,000 plus that he had taken in from that one ad. Long story short, I received a token sum of something like $50 from the courts, and since he showed "good faith" in an attempt to refund, that was all I ever got. Lesson learned.

asked him about some of the other parts he had listed, he actually told me that he had sold them
That got me too. I asked about a dash pad in the pic's background and he told me that it had a crack and that I wouldn't want it.......I sent him the $200 for the bumper and never heard from him again!

May the fleas of 1000 camels infest his crotch and eat!
You are so correct,, we MOPAR guys are always looking for bargains, and good deals..but I dispise scammers… I dealt with one from Indianapolis , with a near new set of cheater slicks for $500.00 .. I happened to have a friend over there in Louisville for a visit so he could bring them back and couldn’t get a meet site or pickup site… all she wanted was the money, money, money.. Cindy Price was there name … it was a fantastic deal, but just didn’t smell right.. I had to walk away.. my money is too hard to come by..

-
Back