Another school shooting!! This time in Nevada

-
Frightening world we live in today. Sounds to me like the shooter was after specific students. Bullied?

Why do people think it we've "become" something. School shootings have happened throughout history.

There will always be a segment of people in any society who are deranged like this.

We had bullies all through school. None of us ever thought about shootin people all to hell. So I say the country has certainly changed somehow and become something different, whatever that is.

This is what happens when parents can't spank their kids.

if that teacher had a firearm, it would have ended differently.

I agree on both accounts. Discipline is a thing of the past, now people can't even so much as point at their kid without someone stepping in. When I was a kid, if I did something bad, I got the belt or paddle (or if I was at my grandfather's house, he'd make me go pick out the Switch). Even then it was starting to get ridiculous as far as discipline (in terms of legality) went, but now all of that is a thing of the past (sadly)

I also think teachers should be allowed to carry, as a means of protecting themselves and their students, but also the preventive status it would give. Not many would even think of trying something, if they knew they were going to be blown away as soon as the chaos began.

Teachers are for the most part libs...and part of the teacher's union...you think you are going to get them to carry. I'd say at the best you will get 20 percent carry. Which would be better than what they have now. Sad state when you have to arm teachers...but I know I'd be packin. :)

This is what happens when parents can't spank their kids.

Exactly! When I got the belt most of the time i deserved it. You get caught doing something you were not supposed to be doing you knew what to expect, and never hated my dad for it. My day came, when it hurts you worse than the spanking you gave your child.

I have two kids that are great kids had there *** beat several times but we still have a great relationship. People need to teach their kids mind, have respect for others and spend time with them instead of letting them hang out at the deadbeat neighbors and playing video games.

We kicked God and prayer out of school, and we pass out condoms..... And yes, kids can resist parents and parents can do nothing. A couple of years later kids resist the cops and they get tased and put in a cell. If parents tased and locked them down when they are 14 it's abuse, cops do it at 16 and its the law. that is whats gone wrong..

A huge problem is the same as has been exhibited here. No one as of yet has said lets pray for the families involved. So how bout lets do that? And if you don't believe, then just sit there up have your "moment of silence".

if you lived in texas you wouldent have that problem. most folks have guns, and the homeowner has a law on their side called the castle doctrine. the criminals should be afraid out here. once they cross the threshold into someones home they have forfeited their rights. as a homeowner you dont know if they are there to steal your stuff or harm you. use of lethal force is at the descretion of the homeowner if they are in your home or garage.

your vehicle is an extention of your home as well. this is one reason we dont have many if any car jackings. canada rounded up your guns, now the criminals have free reign, everybodys fair game to em now. if you the homeowner shoots a home invader in canada you will probably do jail time for owning an illegal gun.

sorry for your losses, just letting you know the criminal element in texas knows what can happen to them if they break and enter a residence, or attempt to carjack somebody. this is one of the reasons the gun helps out civilization and keeps people honest. it works here as a reasonable deterrent because the criminals dont know who is armed or not.

Just the other day a Canadian member made a thread about how his place got broken into, and this comment was made about how easy is it to carry a firearm in the US, and how it's too bad Canada rounded up all our guns so only criminals can have them. "This is one of the reasons the gun helps out civilization and keeps people honest."
Not if it makes it super easy for a child to get a gun and shoot his friends.
I can't remember the last time I heard or saw something about a shooting at a school, mall, etc by a child, teenager, etc in Canada.
Just sayin'.

We had bullies all through school. None of us ever thought about shootin people all to hell. So I say the country has certainly changed somehow and become something different, whatever that is.

Check out that wiki page of school shootings, nothing has changed since 1800's that's when school shootings started to increase. It seems that guns where easier to obtain starting around the 1800's and has increased over time.

Check out that wiki page of school shootings, nothing has changed since 1800's that's when school shootings started to increase. It seems that guns where easier to obtain starting around the 1800's and has increased over time.

I've never argued against it. Were guns nonexistent, the problem wouldn't disappear. If somebody wants to kill they are going to find a way to do it. The worst school massacre in history involved zero firearms. The argument doesn't involve guns. It involves people. The weapon of choice is irrelevant. It's the why it's happening that needs to be addressed.

Oh and I take zero stock in wiki articles. When those pages can be created and modified by anyone, including you and I, they have no credibility whatsoever.

Oh wow, another "crisis" that will be capitalized upon by the current powers that be to make it harder for the law abiding to move about freely with their own personal protection devices.

These types of crimes are nothing new. It is a huge tragedy but it's been going on for a long time. They are spiking right now but you also have to look at the way the media is covering this. Before sandy hook and columbine a story like this more than likely wouldn't have made it past the local channel. They are all looking for the next massacre to bank in on. Last year there was a shooting at the hazard community college...turned out to be a personal dispute in the parking lot. Then there was reports of a gun on campus at university of Virginia at wise, turned out to be an air soft gun. Both those stories made national news and there is simply non reason for that. Stop giving them attention and you will cut back on copy cats. The whole spanking argument is comical. Do you think Adam Lanza or this young boy were concerned about getting disciplined from their parents when they decided to take the life of another human???

There is really nothing you can do to prevent someone from doing these sorts of things. Who ever made the tie to no prayers in school and sex ed classes my hat is off to you...that took some creative thinking. You can't blame this on society. This is one persons choice, one made him get to this point is more than likely a nice cocktails of hidden mental disorders. Since you can't really prevent things like this from happening the best bet would be to have better protection in schools.

I've never argued against it. Were guns nonexistent, the problem wouldn't disappear. If somebody wants to kill they are going to find a way to do it. The worst school massacre in history involved zero firearms. The argument doesn't involve guns. It involves people. The weapon of choice is irrelevant. It's the why it's happening that needs to be addressed.

Agreed, I just think people have always been crazy lol

Oh and I take zero stock in wiki articles. When those pages can be created and modified by anyone, including you and I, they have no credibility whatsoever.

Also agreed on just using it as s bit of reference.

These types of crimes are nothing new. It is a huge tragedy but it's been going on for a long time. They are spiking right now but you also have to look at the way the media is covering this. Before sandy hook and columbine a story like this more than likely wouldn't have made it past the local channel. They are all looking for the next massacre to bank in on. Last year there was a shooting at the hazard community college...turned out to be a personal dispute in the parking lot. Then there was reports of a gun on campus at university of Virginia at wise, turned out to be an air soft gun. Both those stories made national news and there is simply non reason for that. Stop giving them attention and you will cut back on copy cats. The whole spanking argument is comical. Do you think Adam Lanza or this young boy were concerned about getting disciplined from their parents when they decided to take the life of another human???

The world has become too small and I blame a lot of it on the Facebook " look at me" epidemic, video games, the lack of parenting, pharmaceutical companies with a pill for every frigging thing under the sun to keep parents from actually parenting their kids.
Yes, a good spanking and a society that supports it is a much better alternative to giving your kid doctor pushed amphetamines to make up for Mommy time.

Many factors here but I can tell you this.....this **** would not be happening as much if this country would get back to the founders bedrock principles.

So what you telling me is someone with person if schizophrenia is not going to have issues if their parents discipline them right? Medications work wonders for the mentally ill and without it the parents life would be absolute hell. The video game issue is a loose loose argument and I'm not educated enough to say much on that issue.

-
Back