Another senseless death.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My friend posted this locally today as friends seeing and hearing about it thought it might be him. To much horsepower and to much stupidity in a 130 plus mph wreck leads to death of a 36 year old. They were on route 28 not far from me.

IMG_4234.jpeg

IMG_4235.jpeg

IMG_4237.jpeg

Ppl just don’t know the trouble u can get into with a high powered / high speed car. He got a lesson but he sure the hell wont learn from it. Kim

I won’t claim to be an angel or innocent. If there is anyone here who has never done 130mph in a car, on a public roadway, let they cast the first stone. I’ve done it young and old. I think most of us are “lucky” to be here. Our times were much more out of control. Sorry for the family. Terrible way to go.

So who was killed?
The guy running 130 or a person trying to get home from work?

With the angle of that picture, I'm surprised that anyone could get to that speed with as steep as it seems.
Who thinks that taking a picture from that angle looks good?
Sorry for the lives lost.

I've driven a friends 2010 Shelby GT 500 that makes 735 HP, as well as, another friends AC Cobra with 575 HP and I can tell you straight. I have no business owning either of those cars.

No longer do I ride sport bikes for the same reason. There is no restraint in me and I want to see what they will do.

Fortunately I lived through all the stupid high speed runs I've made and never crashed myself or into anyone else.

I feel bad for the local guy in an orange Mustang GT that flies by me house at 70mph in a 30mph zone almost daily. His time, or someone elses is probably short.

Tom

With the angle of that picture, I'm surprised that anyone could get to that speed with as steep as it seems.
Who thinks that taking a picture from that angle looks good?

28 is a grass divided 4 lane road. South goes straight into pittsburgh and north takes you past my house but is several miles away. I grew up 22 miles from pittsburgh and this is the road we street raced on in the 1970’s early 1980’s with the cops blessings. At that time there was a three mile missing section right where we raced. At the time it was a solid concrete road. I’m not positive at the time but I think a 36 year old woman was driving the challenger and yes you can go 130 plus mph in that area. There are more wrecks on this road than probably any other in the area. Speed limit goes from 65 to 55 but most are going 70-80.

People pass too close also why do ya just have to barely take someone's bumper off while sliding in in front of them...? an you know if you it their car you arent paying you are going too fast for the other guy to see your license plate...can you tell I spend time on Pa highways yet? Truth is alot of these people are the kids who learned how to drive on Playstation, they have to be oh age 40 now and younger maybe?:thumbsup:

I've driven a friends 2010 Shelby GT 500 that makes 735 HP, as well as, another friends AC Cobra with 575 HP and I can tell you straight. I have no business owning either of those cars.

No longer do I ride sport bikes for the same reason. There is no restraint in me and I want to see what they will do.

Fortunately I lived through all the stupid high speed runs I've made and never crashed myself or into anyone else.

I feel bad for the local guy in an orange Mustang GT that flies by me house at 70mph in a 30mph zone almost daily. His time, or someone elses is probably short.

Tom
Me and my son were talking this past weekend. he said to me "it seems that people don't realize they are going to die" I said "yes or they think death doesn't apply to them" its real easy to wind up dead, life is fragile...we are on a timeline that was the subject.

She WAS in a hurry, or playing RickyRacer, side impacts are often fatal...side beams side curtain airbags & all. All the ABS/TCS/SCS/SRS in the world can't protect somebody from outright stupid. Only God & Luck can, I say this as someone who has done plenty of risky & stupid things, My ego might say I pulled some of them off 'cause I'm that good.....but there were times it didn't go well & I survived OK.....
Fastest on the street,..low 140's, fastest on the track ~160,....Prayers out to all the families & friends involved....

I won’t claim to be an angel or innocent. If there is anyone here who has never done 130mph in a car, on a public roadway, let they cast the first stone. I’ve done it young and old. I think most of us are “lucky” to be here. Our times were much more out of control. Sorry for the family. Terrible way to go.
Same here. In the early 70's I spent a year and a half in Germany and got used to driving at high speeds and owned a car that would do 130. Came home to the 55 bs and well, it was hard just to stay away doing 75 unless the radar detector went off. And I'm surprised more were not killed in that crash. In 98 some moron went flying down my street and ran the stop sign at the entrance and hit a car with 5 people in it....killed 4 in the car covering 3 generations of family members. A very young baby survived the crash. The moron and his wife survived and were in pretty good shape but the crash killed his 6 year old son who was riding in the bed of the moron's pickup. Yup, alcohol was involved. But I think today's times are more out of control than they were in our day.....at least it seems that way in my area.

Same here. In the early 70's I spent a year and a half in Germany and got used to driving at high speeds and owned a car that would do 130

I remember being a young buck on the autobahn, driving in the left lane in my old opel

Pedal to the floor, I was going as fast as she could possibly go, when I noticed a speck, and I mean, tiny barely perceivable speck in my rear view mirror

So I glance down to look at the speedo and she is buried at 200 km/h, about 130 mph

I look back up and the speck is now a BMW, 5 feet from my rear bumper, flashing his lights for me to get my slow but over out of the fast lane

I've noticed the European cars are built for high speed. They are the ones going at a nice clip on average in my travels.

I remember being a young buck on the autobahn, driving in the left lane in my old opel

Pedal to the floor, I was going as fast as she could possibly go, when I noticed a speck, and I mean, tiny barely perceivable speck in my rear view mirror

So I glance down to look at the speedo and she is buried at 200 km/h, about 130 mph

I look back up and the speck is now a BMW, 5 feet from my rear bumper, flashing his lights for me to get my slow but over out of the fast lane
Usually they were flashing 'all' of the lights and from way back....headlights, driving lights AND fog lights lol

I had a guy on a Harley do the "slide in right in front of me" move for absolutely no reason yesterday. there were no cars around he could have opened it up to top speed in the left lane I was in the right lane doing 10 over and he had to play it like I m holding him up...that what it is they have to show you you are in the way...some of these folks are in a hurry but they are assholes also. Legally its aggressive driving and people can be charged there just never seems to be a police officer around to see it happening.

I had a guy on a Harley do the "slide in right in front of me" move for absolutely no reason yesterday. there were no cars around he could have opened it up to top speed in the left lane I was in the right lane doing 10 over and he had to play it like I m holding him up...that what it is they have to show you you are in the way...some of these folks are in a hurry but they are assholes also. Legally its aggressive driving and people can be charged there just never seems to be a police officer around to see it happening.
I've been thinking of getting a dash cam.....

Yeah I mean its just poor driving, lousy situational awareness, also the margin for error decreases at high speed. Knock on wood no accidents on my end but I have been stuck in the traffic jams caused by the nonsense accidents...

She WAS in a hurry, or playing RickyRacer, side impacts are often fatal...side beams side curtain airbags & all. All the ABS/TCS/SCS/SRS in the world can't protect somebody from outright stupid. Only God & Luck can, I say this as someone who has done plenty of risky & stupid things, My ego might say I pulled some of them off 'cause I'm that good.....but there were times it didn't go well & I survived OK.....
Fastest on the street,..low 140's, fastest on the track ~160,....Prayers out to all the families & friends involved....

I didn’t watch the news today but someone else was in the hospital.

I get idiots on a daily basis who will cut over in front of my semi trailer when they are barely clear of the bumper. Usually there is no one else on the road, and it's a 4 lane divided highway, but stupid is as stupid does, I don't get it, and I would have no chance of braking if the fools were to try brake checking me. I have a dash cam in the truck, and both my car and my wife's car have dash cams.

I've been up to 150 mph once in a car on a public road, lots of times in the 120 to 130 range, particularly when I was young and invincible on motorcycles.

I get idiots on a daily basis who will cut over in front of my semi trailer when they are barely clear of the bumper. Usually there is no one else on the road, and it's a 4 lane divided highway, but stupid is as stupid does, I don't get it, and I would have no chance of braking if the fools were to try brake checking me. I have a dash cam in the truck, and both my car and my wife's car have dash cams.
Yup they don't get the concept of braking distance of a heavy truck or even a car ...it's mind boggling.

This genius just wiped out in front of my company yard. 40 mph 4 lane divided street. Yes, he did tag the light post with the 1/4 panel.
20240828_155620.jpg

28 is a grass divided 4 lane road. South goes straight into pittsburgh and north takes you …..

Hey man, you missed my point entirely. The angle of that picture makes it look like the road is on some crazy 80 degree incline. I was commenting on the crappy picture while also commenting on the sad loss of life.

-
Back