Anti Freeze Leak On Passenger Side

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
I'm having one heck of a time getting my last header bolt to seal up. Thinking about using header bolts that tighten by wrench then the center has an allen head socket to expand the threads and lock in place.. I'm open to any suggestions... Im really getting frustrated that its dribbling on the header and leaving a nice little puddle under the car when I shut it down...

You need to put some non hardening sealer on the threads before you torque them up. The drivers side has two of them also that reach into the water jacket. I didn't know any better but I skim coated the bolt with regular RTV on mine but they don't leak any longer.

The other 3 seem fine... I do have some hi-temp copper filled RTV type sealant that I picked up.. Figured try this and see what happens.....

The end holes normally have studs in them from the factory. They are handy to hold your gaskets and headers in place while you start the rest of the bolts.

You need to put some non hardening sealer on the threads before you torque them up. The drivers side has two of them also that reach into the water jacket. I didn't know any better but I skim coated the bolt with regular RTV on mine but they don't leak any longer.

I agree,I would get a tube of the non hardening sealant and apply some to the threads. You might want to do the other 3 as well, to stop any future problems that might arise.

Well if you look you'll see I'm running headers, no studs bolts only.. Thanks Everyone for your help.. Glad to see I'm not the only one that has these moments of frustration..

Attachments

• Engine -aftr Rebuild.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 101
-
Back