any car modelers here??

-
One of the best one was the AMT Coronet Super Bee Pro street kit 1/25.
It came with MT tires out back and skinnies up front. Plus it also came with a dual overhead cam engine. Don't now if you can get today but I was picking them up at Big Lots for 4.99 each back in the late 90's. The AMT 66 Nova was also a popular pro street kit. Another good one is the Revell Matt and Debbie Hayes pro street Thunderbird. I used the kit for a bad pro street 70 Mustang. Again don't know if you can get these off the shelf but I am sure you can at some swapmeats.

Yeah I built that one a few years ago. I painted it with Sikkens base/clear purple. It turned out nice and I put in one of those 1/24 scale clear cases to keep the dust off. I bought all of the Mopar muscle car models I could find. I still have a stack of about 12 in the plastic wrap.

When I want to Pro Street something I buy a Top Fuel dragster kit and use the rear end, wheels, tires and engine from it.

i thought about a funny car model for parts,,and i like the rear end out of a dragster idea,, i have a pro street coronet comming,to use for the back half,,i hope,,you know those ebay deals,,,but i talked with him he is a mopar guy,,so im guessing it will arrive,,

here is one of the orignal kits,,,but i will use probably the repoped hemi under glass kit for my model build,,,,

hemi hustler.jpg

'Bout four years ago I finally scored one of these:

CthruRG.JPG

CthruRG2.JPG

I had been trying to find one for years. I already had the much
less scarce (still not too frequently seen) '61-'63 non-see-through variety cast in red plastic. Got Bill Weertman to sign the valve cover of that one! When I brought it to him, he remembered having written the "How engines work" book that went with 'em, and also remembered these kits taking forever to put together, and being much more fiddly and difficult than the real engines.

Both kits are still new in box, unbuilt, untouched. So, someday, when I retire in about 4 decades assuming the world lasts that long, I'll have something to occupy my time!

'Bout four years ago I finally scored one of these:

CthruRG.JPG

CthruRG2.JPG

I had been trying to find one for years. I already had the much
less scarce (still not too frequently seen) '61-'63 non-see-through variety cast in red plastic. Got Bill Weertman to sign the valve cover of that one! When I brought it to him, he remembered having written the "How engines work" book that went with 'em, and also remembered these kits taking forever to put together, and being much more fiddly and difficult than the real engines.

Both kits are still new in box, unbuilt, untouched. So, someday, when I retire in about 4 decades assuming the world lasts that long, I'll have something to occupy my time!
Thats cool, never seen that version before. Here's an original issue I built.

Picture 013.jpg

Picture 014.jpg

Picture 017.jpg

Picture 018.jpg

Picture 016.jpg

ive never seen a slant 6 engine model before,,,find all kind of kool stuff on this topic

-
Back