Any FORD mechanics here ????

-
How far is home? Glad to have this conversation. It could run well for a while with a full charged battery and a half supplying alt.
When I jumped started it, we had 8 miles home. Ran great.

Son-in-law hooked it up, codes are
P2111
P2104

Yeah. Those are both covered in that tsb. Take the cover off the opposite side of the TPS. There's a sprAng in there that sometimes pops off or out of place. What have you got to lose? Might have to remove the T/B, I don't know.

Yeah. Those are both covered in that tsb. Take the cover off the opposite side of the TPS. There's a sprAng in there that sometimes pops off or out of place. What have you got to lose? Might have to remove the T/B, I don't know.
If it don't rain, I'll do it tomorrow. To me, it seems messed up in a program.

Never in my life experienced this on a battery swap. Can't believe it.

I've seen it. When I was at O'Reilly. Some of the newer Hondas will do it. Also, there's another one.....I forget which, that you MUST have the steering wheel pointing straight ahead when you change the battery. If not, it throws the computer for a loop and the car won't go over 15 MPH. I think it was one of the Nissans....I cannot remember. It's really gettin stupid. It's makin me love my old stuff more and more.

I've seen it. When I was at O'Reilly. Some of the newer Hondas will do it. Also, there's another one.....I forget which, that you MUST have the steering wheel pointing straight ahead when you change the battery. If not, it throws the computer for a loop and the car won't go over 15 MPH. I think it was one of the Nissans....I cannot remember. It's really gettin stupid. It's makin me love my old stuff more and more.
and Old Drag Truck, drug from the field (literally), pops right off no matter what I do to her...

You could try and Google the codes, I think they are throttle body codes.
it's throwing throttle body codes, but it's lost connection to the TB, that's the reason for the code. I'm sure a re-boot would fix it. Still, not impressive when I only changed batteries. It's not like it's an electric car with 7 of them... LOL

Son-in-law hooked it up, codes are
P2111
P2104

it didnt show P-51 ?

laugh.gif

Them dern "electronic and plastic " cars ..no fun ...I wonder if they will pump Vroom V8 sounds through the speakers on the electric cars in the future...then the dealer complaint will be " my v8 sounds dont work on my electric muscle car":)

Them dern "electronic and plastic " cars ..no fun ...I wonder if they will pump Vroom V8 sounds through the speakers on the electric cars in the future...then the dealer complaint will be " my v8 sounds dont work on my electric muscle car":)
Probably needs a new sound card. You can upgrade it to make it sound faster. LOL

Ford already did that on the Mustangs GT's.... :rolleyes:

On my BMW battery was bad, had to use a BMW bat and had to program that battery or a big chance of flame on. Something about interrupting the flow of electricity. He said be very careful when battery dies and then jumping to start, fries everything. My solution is to connect another 12 volt source to the cables, remove old battery, install cables then take off jumpers. No interruption of power. BTW that battery and reprogram was $700

I seem to recall a movie where Kevin James and Vince Vaughan were inventing such a thing...on a Dodge Charger I believe they would do that :) kids today would buy it LOL!
But Ford really did pump V8 sounds through the stereo... Only on hard acceleration

But Ford really did pump V8 sounds through the stereo... Only on hard acceleration
I am out of touch with ford lately do they even still maker a V8 GT or is the Shelby ST 500 the only V8? They were pushing their 300 horse 6 cylinder about 15 years ago.

Ford already did that on the Mustangs GT's.... :rolleyes:
A Mustang was slowly going by the Food Lion store and I heard horseshoes clopping on pavement, I’m looking around then realize it’s a recording coming from the Mustang, pretty cool.

I am out of touch with ford lately do they even still maker a V8 GT or is the Shelby ST 500 the only V8? They were pushing their 300 horse 6 cylinder about 15 years ago.
yep, the 5.0 is the base GT engine. She's a quick one, too. They have some big horsepower cars.... until a guy changes batteries :D

-
Back