Any Model Railroaders here??

-
Hey Rani how about a fairbanks morse locomotive? Those are fairly odd. Most people see the EMD F7 and F9 in model form. Its the model railroading equivalent of a ford mustang in my eyes lol.

BTW i didnt know you collected N scale. I had a bunch of it i just gave away. All i have left is atlas, weaver, and rivarossi O gage scale 2 rail stuff. Mostly kit built.

Virginian FM (FairBanks Morse)O Scale Blue and Yellow, alternate color scheme is Black and Yellow
maxresdefault.jpg

So can anyone who has multiple scales, in particular HO & November and anything in the smaller scale stuff possibly take a picture of them next to a hot wheels or Matchbox car to give me a better idea of size?? Just trying to figure out which scale I'd like to get an entry level set in. From a completely green understanding of model trains and a couple nights of researching vendor sites and the forums... I think I'm leaning towards HO or N scale.

Here you go.

HO is 16.5mm flange to flange
N is 9mm flange to flange

Now they just came out with "T" gage. Its only 3mm flange to flange. Half the gage of Z gage. This is insanely small.

2017-01-21-13-01-34-102998310.png

So can anyone who has multiple scales, in particular HO & November and anything in the smaller scale stuff possibly take a picture of them next to a hot wheels or Matchbox car to give me a better idea of size?? Just trying to figure out which scale I'd like to get an entry level set in. From a completely green understanding of model trains and a couple nights of researching vendor sites and the forums... I think I'm leaning towards HO or N scale.

CIMG0117.JPG

Awesome! That helps me understand the size even better yet. Thanks RDA. :thumbsup:

if you had an HO scale set up and had hotwheels there, the hotwheels are still just a tad big for HO but they can blend in.

Most people probably wouldn't even notice the hotwheel being slighty too big on an HO set up. 1:87 to 1:64

The Hotwheel looks like a mammoth on next to the N scale

Yup, that's exactly how after looking at my "new" locomotives I'd have described the scale differences between an HO and a Hot Wheels car.

On another note the Santa Fe unit is a Tyco and the others are labeled as Playart. Still an entry level brand I assume? These particular trains are roughly 30 years old or so. Almost threw them in the dumpster but decided to keep them in case I get a wild hair someday.

if you had an HO scale set up and had hotwheels there, the hotwheels are still just a tad big for HO but they can blend in.

Most people probably wouldn't even notice the hotwheel being slighty too big on an HO set up. 1:87 to 1:64

The Hotwheel looks like a mammoth on next to the N scale
I have close to $6,000 in HO new and almost new everything. mostly ATSF because I worked for them as a car knocker for a while. I would say that most of the rolling stock and engines have never been out of the box. I cannot post any photos at this time because all the boxes are buried in a bedroom. I will guarantee all of the equipment to be in perfect running order. some of the engines are dcc ready and I have dcc controllers as well. there is no possible way of shipping all of this merchandise because there is so much of it. I have buildings, scenery, 9 stall motorized roundhouse and turntable. I prefer if you are interested that you come out and see these items for yourself. I am up for trades not money. maybe an a body with a running v8 and needing a little work that someone is trying to sell in the $3,000 - $ 4,000 range. all of my items are in excellent shape and I would expect the trade to be within that range also. I am a disabled retired deputy sheriff that has had many dealings on this forum, check me out. I want you to feel comfortable with who you are dealing with. I live in Sarasota, florida so just pm me with any questions. you will need a pickup truck to transport all of these items. thanks for your consideration, Brian (scampman)

-
Back