any modern stang owners??

-
when I got my interest rekindled in so called muscle cars ( bout '85), I had no real preference in brands. my dad had been a chevy guy till the GM dealer pissed him off ( hard thing to do), so he went Ford. he didn't like the idea of a unitized body.!!

I was a horse crazy kid, but did like speed. ( dad didn't know I could get 120 out of his 59 chevy! local horse lady had a new 383 64 sport satellite. she owned an interest in local dealership. she would let me and another girl my age (17 ) use her new car and trailer and load up our horses and head off to a show 50 mi away! she told me to drive! ha

my first muscle car I found was a 68 4 4 2, was in Ks, came out of Ca. perfect old car, this is 1985, cost me $1000. then that left and I found a 71 Charger RT, rallyes wing good orig paint, perfect int and driver, $1000. guy drove down from Ia to look at it as I decided I was to be a 70 E body guy. he passed on it for $1500 because it had an almost invisible door ding, and he bitched bout finding another door, door was 1 yr deal! ha ...someone else bought it.. and life went on .. from one o ld mopar to another........only reason I stayed with Mopar was due to someone telling me in the beginning to " pick one brand, learn all you can and stay with it:"!

had a few trading cars: Camaros, vettes, ..... never really found ( excep t just one ponyac guy) any chevy guys I wanted to hang with! and he had an old yard full of everything.

I bought a 86 vette back 20 years ago just to drive down to Ga for a h s reunion! ha got back home and sold it!! rather drive that 383 4 spe
ed runner....

there are plenty of old fords I would like to have and a few , very few, g m's. modern cars really do not interest me that much....

what would interest me the most on a modern stang would be a s triped down model, no air, best v 8 and 4 speed, good exhaust, as bare interior as could be had!!!

Sounds like you want a Cobra R, which you might was well buy an M
code 69 Dart...... LOL

I had one chance at a real M code Cuda back bought "97 ? fresh # engine rebuilt sitting on a stand, rust free car needed paint and int. original owner, he wanted $10,000. that was a lot of dough almost 20 yrs ago. .... for another $2500 it would have been back perfect. hated to go borrow that much for a car!! ha.... shoulda!!

-
Back