Any use these "universal" brake line kits?

-
I use Inline Tube because the lines will be the right length, bent correctly and won't have any adapters. I have heard Fine Lines is a good company also.

I don't want a bunch of splices to make the line the right length.

From the ad.

• six unions to join lines together
  • 2 special master cylinder nuts

I got mine from Year One . Costs a little more , but absolutely no hassle . Did the same for fuel line too .

I highly recommend Nickel-Copper brake line from AutoZone/Advanced. Doesn't rot (EVER!), bends like butter using just your hands (so it always fits), and doesn't cost too much.

I had never done brakes before and I ran my own lines. It's a fun little project and it allows you to put the lines exactly where you want them.

-Mike

A few years ago my son-in-law bought a Grand Am that must have lived up north because it had a lot of rust. At some point the original metal brake lines at the rear had been replaced using those easy bend lines. Well... the line used was waaaay too long to the installer coiled the excess length behind the wheel. We discovered this when that tire came apart and destroyed the line.
Proper lengths and routed out of harms way is the best plan.

Bought a coil of brake tubing from Autozone, a box of fittings for the ends. I have no unions anywhere and double-flared all the ends like they should be. Did it on my Fury and Jake and I did it on his B'cuda... approx $30 front to rear.

Bought a coil of brake tubing from Autozone, a box of fittings for the ends. I have no unions anywhere and double-flared all the ends like they should be. Did it on my Fury and Jake and I did it on his B'cuda... approx $30 front to rear.

Yep, roll your own.
Just did a long b-body. If I can anyone can.
Advance has what I used in 25 foot rolls for about a buck a foot.
It has a green coating.

i bought a kit like this about 10 years ago.
many different sizes and very easy to use/bend
i replaced most of the lines on 2 cars and have some left.

Bending it yourself may not be the best...cheapest probably but not the best LOL My next shop WILL have a hoist and maybe that will help put the fun back in brake lines....

I just used the fine lines kit on the rear axle housing and they worked awesome, all pre bent and ready to go. Very good company to work with, and an excellent product. just my two cents. Cost me 38 bucks

I think I paid $140 from Inline for all metal lines(original wire wrap style, not stainless, those are a bit more) . Well worth it in my opinion. I swapped all lines by myself on a fully assembled car on the ground with a jack and a couple stands. Everything fit great. Took better part of a day - including changing all hoses (those I got elswhere- fyi - 3 of those could cost you almost as much as the steel lines), and reworked back brakes and some other stuff underneath while I was at it.. Worst one is for the right front. Takes some creativity to get that behind the engine. Mines a slant with AC.

In Canada there is a guy/company called CLT Canada Line and Tube, he is in BC. I got brake lines from him and dad got tranny lines from him, perfect fit on the tranny lines.

I got the stainless lines for my Dart from Inline...and the bitches are rusting. I wouldn't mind if I drove the car, but it's been 300 feet from any road during any snow, and over a mile from any road that sees salt during a snow, since I put 'em on.

I'm a little pissed about it.

I bought a complete set of SS brake Lines for a Jeep that I built from Inline Tube. Great quality and fit perfectly! It was spendy but no hassle. I sold the Jeep so I have no idea how the lines are holding up. I've been wanting to replace the brake and fuel lines myself on my Scamp but still in debate about what route I want to go. I have all the tools to do it, just not sure what type of line to go with.

I would say if money is not a issue buy the ones from Inline or another comparable company. If your on a budget go the other route and do it yourself.

-
Back