Anybody in Houston?

-
I live in Hempstead about 45 minutes out 290 (On a Sunday!!) towards Austin. Mon. thru Fri it will take you 1.5 to 2! Its really nice and quiet out here. I work in Tomball which might be a place you can check out. Unless you are near Kingwood i would look elsewhere from Eastex Frwy, 59North!
NO ****??? I wouldnt have thought from Hempstead to Pinemont would take him that long. That sucks!!! But then it has grown quite a bit out that way in recent years. I never git over that way during traffic hours. Sounds like I should consider myself lucky.

So its back to the drawing board. Screw it!!! Find a place close to your work and not have to deal with all tha morning/evening traffic. Its a win, win. Less traffic meaning you can be there and back in just a few minutes and a tank of gas will last a hell of a lot longer. Speaking of, At some stations, SHELL IN PARTICULAR its $3.50 a gallon now. OUCH!!!

NO ****??? I wouldnt have thought from Hempstead to Pinemont would take him that long. That sucks!!! But then it has grown quite a bit out that way in recent years. I never git over that way during traffic hours. Sounds like I should consider myself lucky.

So its back to the drawing board. Screw it!!! Find a place close to your work and not have to deal with all tha morning/evening traffic. Its a win, win. Less traffic meaning you can be there and back in just a few minutes and a tank of gas will last a hell of a lot longer. Speaking of, At some stations, SHELL IN PARTICULAR its $3.50 a gallon now. OUCH!!!

Can you guys PLEASE stop crying about your gas prices. We hit 3.50 a gallon over a year ago. Saw $4.19 today! LOL

thats what you get for hording all the rust free cars,lol a rust free car here is one that you get all the rust for free and buy the unrusted.

thats what you get for hording all the rust free cars,lol a rust free car here is one that you get all the rust for free and buy the unrusted.
Thats some funny **** right there but I thought a rust free car was one that you cant quite throw your enpty Big Gulp out through tha floorbourds of. LMAO!!!

Naaaa, in all honesty ours arent near as bad as some of tha northern cars. At least we dont have SALTED freeways for 6 months every year. What were they thinkin???

Years ago we had a 1976 Olds Cutlass Supreme 2 door with T-Tops. Damn tops leaked and rusted out tha back floorboards. Mostly the drivers side. You could chunk just about anything out through it. Ended up having to put a board over it just to keep one of tha kids from disappearing. LOL!!!

Ron -- how could you forget your old buddy was from the Houston area. Hook up with me when you get down here -- I might have some weekend and evening paint and body for you if interested. I have the shop.

You can reach me on the other board.

Oh I'm not looking for a pish-posh neighborhood... just someplace that is decent and safe for the family. Personally I have never been one to get along with people that have a pool, two boats, a Porsche and a beemer! :) But want something more than the house with a 76 camaro up ion blocks for the last five years because the glasspacks overheated the transmission! :)

I would prefer to stay away from a gestapo (I mean HOA) run community - I have received enough tickets for my grass being 1/4" too tall in my life. But I have noticed that EVERY community has fees in the Houston area.... friggin Commies!

You'd love Richmond, Rosenberg, Katy, Needville, Fulshear, Simonton, west of Houston.

So now that I am here.... and in the apartment in Humble. I like this area! Granted it's 35 miles to the office - but it only takes about 45 minutes to get to Pasadena from up here.

It's quiet, not as populated and as y'all call it - this is the country around here! :) Besides - the kid wants to try out the new school up here and their new way of running things!

Glad to hear you like it. I myself am looking to buy a house in The Woodlands and relocate to Texas. I need to find a job first though.

So now that I am here.... and in the apartment in Humble. I like this area! Granted it's 35 miles to the office - but it only takes about 45 minutes to get to Pasadena from up here.

It's quiet, not as populated and as y'all call it - this is the country around here! :) Besides - the kid wants to try out the new school up here and their new way of running things!
where in humble are you? ive got a buddy who lives down the road in atascocita. its out by lake houston off 1960

my sister lives out in atascocita, they live by some burger joint.

Its an independently run one I think, theres only like 3?

I am right on the lake off of 1960.. so your buddy should basically be around the corner from me! :)
well yall should be almost neighbors then!, he drives an 04 hemi black single cab with white hockey stripes in the back and a logo on the doors that says kleenvent..

I'll have to keep my eyes open for that.. I drive an 03 white dodge caravan that can disappear into a crowd of three... the only way to tell me is the Colorado dealership license plate frame! :)

yea i go up to visit my friend every now and then. haven't in a while b/c gas prices... imagine that. do you plan on purchasing some more mopars now that your here?

More mopars.... well umm yeah! :) Once I get out of this bloody apartment. I would like to find a 69 Valiant 2 door to build. I think I want to get one that runs and drives with maybe a 6 in it still..then build up the driveline while I can still play with the car. The 'dream' is to put a 5.7 Hemi in the car ;-)

I think I am done buying POS MAJOR projects out of fields and trying to put the whole thing together... I can handle tooling around with a slant 6 for a while! :)

Anyone know of any Valiants for sale ... cheap?

Hi all, I live in the Heights area. Near down town on the north side. Humble is nice not a small town any more really. I guess we have most areas covered in this post. My wife grew up in Rosenburg and I grew up in Spring Branch.. Cool to see some Houstonians here! Any one know a good guy that will change a rear end gear and do a bering job in town? Not in A hurry I have had the gear for 10 years! Its a 323 sure grip unit. I am all highway gear now in Houston its cool but only fun @ + 35 mph. With a 3000 stall its WILD!!!

James

-
Back