Anyone around Pomona? Looking to attempt a 1,600mi road trip in a D100

-
Life is an adventure, live it! I flew to Oakland, Ca back in mid 90s and bought a 67 383 Cuda and drove it back to Missouri. The most fun ever!

Four speed car? From north of Oakland? This one sold around that time out of Rodeo...

1988 604 cropped.jpg

Four speed car? From north of Oakland? This one sold around that time out of Rodeo...

View attachment 1715718642
It was a red car, owned by a chemist/engineer for an oil co (Amoco>), he worked on synthetic oils. He was into road racing, had another 67 cuda set up for that and a restored hemi car, I forget which model. It was a real nice car, h had rebuilt everything on it, so I had confidence in making that long ride back! He had converted it from an auto to 4 speed .
Heck it could have been blue... don't remember now!

Last edited:
It was a red car, owned by a chemist/engineer for an oil co (Amoco>), he worked on synthetic oils. He was into road racing, had another 67 cuda set up for that and a restored hemi car, I forget which model. It was a real nice car, h had rebuilt everything on it, so I had confidence in making that long ride back! He had converted it from an auto to 4 speed .
Heck it could have been blue... don't remember now!

Yup, it was that car, or he had another along with his other cars. Bob Freerks is his name. The hemi car was a '66 Plymouth. He also still has his high school car (class of 1969), 1968 340 Formula S fastback. He's got a PhD in chemistry. Bob's '68 in 1983. Somewhere, I've got pics of the Belvedere...I owned two cars in this pic, as well...
Bob Freerks 68 Formula S Sac 1983.jpg

Yup, it was that car, or he had another along with his other cars. Bob Freerks is his name. The hemi car was a '66 Plymouth. He also still has his high school car (class of 1969), 1968 340 Formula S fastback. He's got a PhD in chemistry. Bob's '68 in 1983. Somewhere, I've got pics of the Belvedere...I owned two cars in this pic, as well...View attachment 1715719155
Yes it was blue. I got it home and a guy down the road came to look at a roadrunnr project I had for sale. Him and his wife and kids, he saw the Cuda and went on how he had been searching for one for so many years, he actually had tears in his eyes. I let him have it for $500 profit and called the trip my vacation. I saw him and his family at Mopar Nats a few years later and he ran up and gave him a big man hug. I remember paying like $6700 for the car. I bought it for a keeper, but oh well.

Bob and I have been friends since 1982. Haven't seen him in a long time as he's in Colorado now (last I heard).

-
Back