Anyone else do the family camping thing

-

megajoltman

Time to NUT UP or SHUT UP
Reaction score
They said let's have a quiet relaxing time at a remote lake.

No problem I can do that, I just need to bring a few things. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 236
Ended up at a nice lake, went from sea level to 4000 feet though to get there.:burnout:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 210
Anyone else do the family camping thing
Used to when the kids were younger, a couple of tents and a bunch of sleeping bags. Even had a pop up camper that slept 6 for a while, but that all gone, now.

Now the kids are all grown, graduated from college, are all moved out, with lives of their own. It's just Joyce and I, and now when we go on vacation, it's 4 or 5 star hotels, and restaurants.

As my wife used to say when we were camping, "Hey, it's my vacation, too"! It's time that someone else does all the chores. ;)

We can still see most of the country on day trips.

It is camping season here :coffee2: But it has not stopped raining for 2 weeks and looks like it will be going on for another week.. I may try and get out and do some fishing between showers :coffee2:
Looks like you have all the gear to enjoy a camping trip megajoltman :hello2:.
Cooking out this morning ? , got to love the smell of coffee and bacon in the morning out on the lake away from home :coffee2: :happy2:

Used to camp all the time when the kids were younger. I had a number of different trailers from a soft top tent trailer up to a 27 foot travel trailer. It was great to get away from the city and enjoy the country feel. But nowadays I enjoy going to a motel better than hauling a trailer up and down the road.

We started with a tent and went all the way to a small motor home, which I sold a few years back. I would say that the best set up that worked for us was a small pop up with a/c. They are light which doesn't cut your gas mileage in half, easily maneuverable, and easy to fix.

Some of our best memories are spending vacations at the lake with our 3 sons.

It was great and yes nothing like the smell of bacon lofting through the campsite:love4:

Did some fly fishing and lots of riding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 149
Been camping all my life. These are pics from our trip this summer, just got back this past Monday. Camping is all about making Memories. I have fond memories from when I was a kid, and now my Daughter will have those same great times and memories.

Take nothing for granted in life, spend as much time with your kids/grand-kids. They grow up way to fast and you will miss way to much if you dont slow down and take the time to just spend time with them.

BTW The last pic is of the South shore of Lake Superior here in Michigan. Unreal right? I love this state!

Attachments

• Camping-2013-4.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Camping-2013-3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Camping-2013-2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 150
  • Camping-2013-1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Pic Rocks-1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 161
I have a TT...we don't get out as much as we'd like, but when we do, we have a great time. My kids are 6 and 3 and they love it! People tell me I'm stupid/crazy for buying it, but as long as we have fun, I don't care what others have to say.

I used to take the boy's camping when they were little, kinda grew out of it when they started driving and watching girls. Didn't want to hang out with the ol'man no more.
So, now me and the wife have decided that roughing it is a hotel room with out a jacuzzi.

My dad was an avid fisherman so all of our family vacations while I was growing up was tent camping on a stream, usually somewhere in the Sierra here in California. But also in Oregon and Utah.
After I got married I found out the most "roughing it" my wife would do was in a camper so we did the truck camper bit for a lot of years. Even after she and I split up - I kept full custody of my kids - the kids and I still had our best vacations camper camping.
Now the kids are grown and on their own and current wife and I do vacations in a 32-foot 5th wheel - and we still do more dry-camping than with electricity, water and sewer hookups.

I have been camping for 6 years it seems sometimes :D the sun popped out for a few hours today :cheers:

Attachments

• August 2013 031.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 112
-
Back