Anyone have eyelids/ eyelashes get "tangled" in the skin/ flesh above?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
At least 3-4 times lately, and again this morning when I got up, one eye was AFU, I thought something was "in." But I could not SEE it, and it felt like it was under the upper lid. Went to work, left work annoyed and in pain about 9AM, got into a "substitute" doctor about 11. She seemed attentive enough, but found nothing and suggested nothing

THEN I finally was able to look "back in" with a hand mirror, and I can SEE where the eyelashes are getting all tangled between the eyelid (which you can't see when open) as it "retracts" "into" the fleshy skin and flesh directly above my eyelid. I'm convinced this is where the root of the problem lies. Bear in mind it is difficult for "me" by myself to actually see this.......

Anyone had surgery/ other treatments to mitigate this?

You can see here what I mean, I believe

IMG_1430L.JPG

Last edited:
Get the eyelashes waxed, or cut or curled. See if that makes a difference. If so, no need for a procedure.

A plastic surgeon can remove and tighten the fold of skin above the eyelid that is trapping the lashes. It is a more common procedure than you might think.

It is worth getting a consultation to find out the details for your specific case.

In fact, the procedure is common enough to have a medical name. In your case it is called functional blepharoplasty.

Squinting frown, do that for 50 plus years and bam, the eye above.

Get a lid lift or pluck your eyelashes and look like a chicken .. bock bock bock

I'll look into this. Friend of mine tonight on the phone says there's a form of "sortof like" liposuction as well for some

Did a search on blepharoplasty so "it might look promising." Next project is to get medicare to pay for it. Since it cause pain and annoyance and could damage my eye, I'd think yes

Was sanding with a drill/disc using my reading glasses for "protection" and thought something flipped into my eye because it began shedding tears and felt like an eyelash was poking it.

A week later, I went to the ophthalmologist because something was still irritating that same eye. The Doc found no foreign material in my eye. Still bothers me a few times every day. Maybe it is an eyelash problem?

Or you can do it cheaply and pull skin towards ears and throw in a couple of staples ...

Did a search on blepharoplasty so "it might look promising." Next project is to get medicare to pay for it. Since it cause pain and annoyance and could damage my eye, I'd think yes

Since it bothering you that much they might. My wife had her eyes done last year..Medicare required that the lid covered half your pupil before they would pay.Good luck

When I was younger I had a girlfriend that would wake up every morning with the same condition...

-
Back