1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Luckily looks like everyone is ok

M5jzd2p.png

Attachments

• tumblr_lt1b96RjIK1qj9cz5o1_r1_1280.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 678
Pic looks like its from the 70s judging by the cars in traffic and dudes shoes

No - it's later than that - note the Jersey barrier dividing the highway - the pants are the big-leg jeans that were popular in the late 80s/early 90s, and the plaid makes me think it's 'grunge' era

Just look at the sticker on the license plate....

80/90's no way...

late 70's early 80's at the latest. bias ply tires. look at the other cars. there isn't any from the late 80's in there that i see... oregon tags..

The quad headlight station wagon right behind the car looks 80s to me.
Rod

Oregon 1978

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

318/230 HP ~ 2-Barrel ~ Automatic ~ 7 1/4" Rear ~ Drum Brakes

* Girl wearing baggy jeans {late 70's style}
* Dude wearing Puma low-cut sneakers

77-79 Caprice wagon...Looks like a 79 or newer square headlamp VW in the background too.

Looks like the girl hurt her hand too, nursing it and slightly doubled over in pain. The guy is probably retrieving his bag of weed.

I used Tineye to see other postings of it and tracked it to the 2nd link below. A comment from the photographer that took it as well.
http://www.tineye.com/search/75f72f8093f963dc017a7e0abe0fbf6f7ccc233a/?pluginver=firefox-1.1

https://www.flickr.com/photos/buckaroobob/2443882760/in/faves-nitbargh/

Old As Jive (my anagram) Joel Davis 4y
just cruisin' along on the Sunset Highway--not too far behind them when it happened. It's amazing how much you get when you hate staying in the office. Thanks for the compliment--!

No way that was taken 2008 as flickr says it was added. Too much old rice in the pic to be on the highway and not rusting in pick-a-part. And those are Nike or knock-offs, Puma's swoosh starts from the sole and goes up and back.

Under the "adding a lane" is a white-ish car. those taillights look like an early eighties Buick, or an early eighties Olds Cutlass Supreme. The quad headlight wagon as mentioned before, looks to be early eighties.

That wagon looks like a Caprice, but it might be as early as '74 with the way that bumper sticks out.

Under the "adding a lane" is a white-ish car. those taillights look like an early eighties Buick, or an early eighties Olds Cutlass Supreme. The quad headlight wagon as mentioned before, looks to be early eighties.

That's why I'm thinking late 70's early 80's. No newer then that.

The wagon is a 77 Buick. You can tell because the header panel around the headlights is tilted back at the top. The Chevys were never like that. You can even see the Byoowack fender trim on the driver's fender if you look close. It's a BYOOWACK. Probably with a Byoowack 350 under the hood. Most ALL GM cars cept Chevys got the Byoowack 350 for several years in a row in the 70s. I think they had a surplus of them. Some of you older guys will remember that.

Attachments

• BYOOWACK.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 554
I'm thinking this is no later than 79.Up here, Square head lights have been used since 1977 for sure.

No way that was taken 2008 as flickr says it was added. Too much old rice in the pic to be on the highway and not rusting in pick-a-part. And those are Nike or knock-offs, Puma's swoosh starts from the sole and goes up and back.

I assume 2008 is when the photographer starting using his Flickr account. Uploading pics at that time. I went through a lot of his photos and he has older and newer photos.

Yeah, you're right - cars are all too old for late 80s/early 90s - something newer would be in there...I don't remember anybody wearing those wide-leg pants that far back, though...first time I noticed that 'style' was when we were in France in '90 - thought they were butt ugly and was surprised that they got popular here right afterward...

.I don't remember anybody wearing those wide-leg pants that far back, though.

maybe a boyfriends outfit?. they obviously don't fit her. and the other girl and guy aren't wearing baggy stuff..

As near as I could find out, the style of OREGON plate that is on the Swinger was issued between 1965 and 1974. In 1975 they went to a yellow plate. I don't know how many years you could run the plates before you had to change.

-
Back