Anyone live near Red Bluff California?....340 Motor Up for Grabs!!!!!

-

DA4AD

Reaction score
I bought a 1970 340 short block off EBay.
Problem is I misread the auction in regards to the shipping.
I am Offering this motor up for what I was won the auction for.....$200.00 or if anyone knows of a cheap way to get it shipped to Pembina North Dakota or Minneapolis MN.

Any serious parties should P.M me and I will pass on the info.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 372
  • photo 2.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 398
  • photo 3.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 398
Rear main cap?

You'll have to search for a stock rear cap. I bought a std 340 a couple of years ago without the original cap. It took 3 other caps to find one close enough for line honing. With the cost of aftermarket cap, you could buy another more complete block.

I don't know what the bore is now, but I've seen descent looking blocks with some rust and it didn't completely clean up going .030 over. Rust in the bore forces you to roll the dice.

You'll have to search for a stock rear cap. I bought a std 340 a couple of years ago without the original cap. It took 3 other caps to find one close enough for line honing. With the cost of aftermarket cap, you could buy another more complete block.

I don't know what the bore is now, but I've seen descent looking blocks with some rust and it didn't completely clean up going .030 over. Rust in the bore forces you to roll the dice.

I'm just curious because it escapes me...why are people so afraid of sleeves?

Sleeves awesome.As long ,as they have a register,at the bottom of the block.

Sleeve the block. Make it stronger and you can also pick your bore size.

X3 on the sleeves if done properly.
Why would the rear main cap be missing anyway?

I might be in the area in the next week or so.....anyone want me to pick it up for them....LOL

Wow, I thought someone in Cali would have jumped on this by now.
I heard Mopar parts are hard to come by and expensive there. I sent DVAP an email about a bumper and trunk lid for a 1976 sport and they wanted 295 & 325. Ouch

Wow, I thought someone in Cali would have jumped on this by now.
I heard Mopar parts are hard to come by and expensive there. I sent DVAP an email about a bumper and trunk lid for a 1976 sport and they wanted 295 & 325. Ouch

That area of the country is where the good Mopars are still plentiful.

The real trouble with this short block is condition condition condition.

If I was close I'd take it. Problem is I'm 500+ miles away, asked someone if they were close, nope... 200 miles.

Is the rear main cap there?

Tony, if you are going that direction, I'd be interested in it if more info about bore, cap, etc is available. Is the thing rusted out in the bores? No pics showing the bores that I saw.

DVAP = Double Vag w/ anal penetration.... :) those guys are ripoffs.

Trunk lid for a dart sport... I have a few that I can't sell for $50-75, no some parts are not hard to find out here.

the reason sleeves are not allways the answer is due to cost. It is around 100.00 per cylinder around here, then you need all the other standard machine work on top of that. I would find another good block, there hard to find but not impossable.

Are you sure its even a 70? that looks a awfull lot like a cast crank.......

1-12-73 possibly. It does look like a cast crank in it.

-
Back