Anyone make any Sebring seat brackets...

-

ckj688

Reaction score
...for an abody yet? I'm willing to pay for someone who may have already made them in the past or can make some new ones. I'm no welder and if someone has created a bracket that is sure to fit, I am very interested...

Thanks!
Craig

I just bought some sebring seats this week but its gonna be awhile before i'm ready to fit them in the car. I still need to remove them and the wiring modules from the donor car... probably middle of next week.
What year seats did you get? Mine are from a 2000 vert with the integrated seatbelts.
If you seach "sebring seats", theres a thread in there showing members aftermarket seats. theres a couple guys using sebring seats, maybe they can help also.
keep me posted as i'm going to need some ideas also, though I'm going do the fab work myself.

I put a set in my 68 cuda, was really easy if you have a welder. Just used some angle iron in 2 places, and the stock mounts on the other 2 positions and I had to do some minor surgery with a cutoff wheel to remove some unwanted material on the original mounts. Also had to drill a couple of new holes in the floor.

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

I'm planning on using Seabring seats also, what is everyone paying for theirs. Every set I find they want $ 600.00 for.

wow, I got mine for $200 at a junkyard

at least I think that's what it was, I'm not sure it if was $100 a piece or for both...was fun gettin em out of the car!

I would assume so? Can't be too different from a Sebring...I think the only reason people look for Sebrings are because they were more common for convertibles...which those seats are ideal for a transplant!

The Sebring convertible seats have built in seatbelts with shoulder straps. The Sebring and Stratus sedans do not . !996 to 2000 use a solenoid built in to the seat and timer/ inertia module which is under the center console to lock the seat belts in case of accident. the 2001 to 2006 drops the timer module and solenoid and incorperated the control in to the BCM. They also used a inertia type cam to lock the seatbelt in place in case of sudden stop. In the case of an accident they used the air bag sensors to send a voltage to fire off the tensioners ( a charged cylinder with the equilivent of a 22 caliber shot) to instantly tension the seatbelts and hold you in place. Hope this helps anyone contemplating putting the seats in thier car.

great pics Redness! the mounts seem pretty straight forward. What year seats and can you tell us how you wired it?
and awesome writeup Toplscuda.
until now the only real write-up i've seen on these seats was for a Corvair. in that article, the author says that the best setup is from the 95/99 years. He also says to stay away from the 2001/newer.
so where does that leave me with 2000 seats?, or did the original author get his facts wrong?
Are there any other resources or did anybody else here wire their own yet?
sorry for the ???
...great thread!

The corvaikid post on these seats has some very good material in it on what to use and how to wire it. The 1996 to 2000 were the first generation of Sebring convertibles and the seats function the same. For your car the only thing you need to make them work properly would be the timer module from the 96-98. That should be pretty easy to get as the 1g's are getting up there in miles and hitting the yards at a good pace now. As for wiring just follow the direction given on the corvairkid website. For those thinking of this swap here is a link to the referenced site. http://corvairkid.com/sebring.htm

I would assume so? Can't be too different from a Sebring...I think the only reason people look for Sebrings are because they were more common for convertibles...which those seats are ideal for a transplant!
the car i am talking about is a4 door not sure the conver and 2 door are the same as a 4door

How low do these Sebring seats sit? I'm 5' 7" so I'm not the tallest person, I was thinking of designing a raised bracket for em

They are pretty low. They way I sit in my 04 reminds me of sitting in my 73 'cuda I had.

I have a 98 Sebring and a 63 Valiant. The Sebring seats are very low, but comfortable. I was thinking of getting Sebring seats for my Valiant. Glad to see this thread. My friends think that I am nuts for thinking about this. Those pics with the welding and bolting in of the seats were very instructive, thanks!

great pics Redness! the mounts seem pretty straight forward. What year seats and can you tell us how you wired it?
and awesome writeup Toplscuda.
until now the only real write-up i've seen on these seats was for a Corvair. in that article, the author says that the best setup is from the 95/99 years. He also says to stay away from the 2001/newer.
so where does that leave me with 2000 seats?, or did the original author get his facts wrong?
Are there any other resources or did anybody else here wire their own yet?
sorry for the ???
...great thread!

The seats were out of a 2005, so the only wiring up that I will be doing is providing power and ground to the seat so that it moves back and forth, up and down, etc... I looked for a long time for the 1st gen seats with no luck, so i finally just settled on the fact that I'll just rely on the mechanical catch for the seatbelts.

I just started this swap in my 68 charger. I was under the impression that 96-98 cars were the only ones with the seperate SCTM. be careful and check before you buy. I was lucky enough to buy mine from a guy whose girlfriend blew the motor in her 98 so I got the seats/wiring, clips, plugs and SCTM. We started this the other night and got most of the passenger seat done. I don't think that A and B body floorpans are that different. Not saying the finished product would interchange, but I think the basic strategy to make them is the same. We straight cut the bottom of the sebring brackets and but welded .120 wall steel to it, cut it front to back at the correct angle, then welded a piece at 90 degrees to the upright part. after it's final fitted we will gusset it and paint.

I pay 50.00 for my seats out of a 1999 they had a half price day at one of the pick & pull yards they are dark gray like new. Am going to put them in my 65 dart Conv.

Update:
After trimming as much material off the bottom of the runners as i could, i found that the seats still didn't sit as low as i wanted. after some thought i decided to cut the risers out of my floor, the raised areas next to the rockers, to effectively make my floor flat but angled up towards the front. Doing this should make it alot easier to make mounts for the seats.
I cut out the risers and the support pieces underneath, then welded in 1/8 x 3 flat stock pieces to the underside of the floor and tied them in to the outside (rocker) end. then i welded in .22 gauge patch pieces to fill the holes, the went over that with more of the 1/8 x 3 flat stock with the rears spanning the whole width of the seat area. I'm sure that the floor will now be plenty strong to keep the seats from tearing off the floor in case of an accident.
I'll take some pics when I clean up my welds.

-
Back