Anyone make shift rods?

-
The potenial problem with that is getting the rods past the trannys crossmember. Just spline your own rods and use sperical ends.

yeah brewers has them for $140 but, as always I have more time than money. Besides, if I'm going to spend that much, I want to improve on the design. No plastic inserts.

I reallyy cant tell much from the picture. I'm guessig the ends are those captured ball thingys that are used on the steering links of riding mowers, gocarts, etc.. Hardware stores should have them. Now about the rods. Anything you can bend cold will bend again too easily. A parts yard oor someone here will have shifter linkage or kick down linkage from whatever application. That is a high carbon stock that will need heated cherry red to bend.
Sample are always the best guide for reproduction but you might get by with a bend plan hannd formed from coat hanger wire. Hope this helps

They appear to be heim joints/ rod ends. I do plan on visiting the local yards to see what I can come up with. I agree that it will have to be some stiff stuff. not just your average steel stock from the Hole Depot ;) I do have a piece of 1/2 stainless steel rod from somewhere that is nearly impossible to bend, but I can't remember where it came from.
thanks for the coat hanger tip... filed away in the "things I should try to remember" category :)

The factory used some good materials. Even the little signal wand can't be cut with a hacksaw. Good luck

-
Back