Anyone planning on Buying the Hellcat?

-
Is anyone planning on buying the Hellcat? I know there is no locked down price yet. My dealer has been bugging me to put down a deposit on one and says they will be MUCH less then 75k. I am seriously thinking about selling EVERYTHING and getting one. Well maybe just the GTS and my SRT8. Anyone one else thinking about buying one?

I would love to have one but I would have to sell the house and sleep in the car to afford it lol. I did sell some of my old vehicles to help pay for my 2012 Rallye Redline Challenger and don't regret it for a minute. A Hellcat would be so awesome!. I hope you are able to get one.

Good luck,
Dallas

The 71K figure is probably much more realistic. Anyone who thinks they will be at 55K is smoking sumffin. The SRT costs that much already.

If I had the ability to buy one I probably wouldn't. If I wanted a car that went fast I would put half that much into an abody. If I wanted to go fast and be comfortable I would probably bring over a German for that price :)

Is anyone planning on buying the Hellcat? I know there is no locked down price yet. My dealer has been bugging me to put down a deposit on one and says they will be MUCH less then 75k. I am seriously thinking about selling EVERYTHING and getting one. Well maybe just the GTS and my SRT8. Anyone one else thinking about buying one?

Nope, and that dealer is blowing smoke. Remember the first new gt500? There are pics of them at dealers marked up to almost 100k.

The hellcat will be stupidly priced for awhile.

Why would you have to fight them to fix it? Unless you have modified it, then I can see there being an issue. They have tested this car for well over 2 years with this configuration. Pretty sure they have it dialed in. Do you know something we don't?

Sure they tested the 5.7 that they just recalled for timing chain issues too. Sure they denied plenty of people's warranty until recently on that issue. How about the half shafts that guys were blowing out of them. And god knows what else. There will be rows of these cars in for issues.

Then again the majority of the first guys that have to have them will probably just put them away in a garage not to see but maybe 200 miles a year.

No way in hell would I be buying a fiat product. They need to revamp the entire dealership network before you'll see me buy a new car with a pentastar on it.

And the top still doesn't go down. What's with that.

Nope, and that dealer is blowing smoke. Remember the first new gt500? There are pics of them at dealers marked up to almost 100k.

The hellcat will be stupidly priced for awhile.

Seen a Viper at new car show this year and it had a 20,000 dealer adjustment on the sticker

Expect the dealers to RAPE. The buyers at 1st till they don't sell and then they pull the plug on the program for poor sales

They haven't got back to me with the price yet here in Canada ,I told the sales manager to call me when he could tell me how much and when can I place my order , still waiting ,the Canadian numbered cars from the first year had a premium on them at most dealers and I am expecting the same for the HellCat , depends on how many they make I guess but here you pay the same money for a big work truck like a 2500 Super Duty as they charge for the SRT in fact I work with young guys who have dropped 70-90 thou for their new trucks so it's all relative , If I lived in a market where I made 30k a year then the price is stupid but a Journeyman makes 70k + a year in the city here and and almost 3 times that up north in camp jobs , houses cost a 1/2 million for a fixer upper shack so again it's all relative .

Price released...... I just got off the phone with the local dealer to order one. They are checking the price with corporate and supposedly calling me back to verify when they can accept the order.

http://jalopnik.com/the-707-horsepower-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-will-co-1605863227

I can see it already. Sitting at a light in Temecula in my Neon. Then Vroooom And a wosh!!!!!
My wife asks what was that? O just Mad Dart in his Hellcat. Then she will ask. Where is his Dart? Lol

By the time the dealers add in their markup the car will cost more than I spent on my House !

No I will not be buying one. I cant even afford a V6 Challenger.

Besides if I had a Hellcat, I'd probably loose my drivers license within a month or two. lol

When they hit the dealers I plan on seriously looking at them.

Gonna see if they honor the green slip price on it too

-
Back