Anyone tried this??????

-
I've done the internet research on this. What I was really asking, was, has anyone here done this? And, what was the experience, etc.

Sorry. IF IF IF I ever live long enough to get my car out of paint shop jail, "we" are considering painting the rockers in this stuff, and maybe the trunk

It would add a lot of weight to the car....making it slower!!

Treblig

I've done the internet research on this. What I was really asking, was, has anyone here done this? And, what was the experience, etc.

Most people here restore their cars instead of making off road vehicles out of them. You might get some detailed information on some of the 4x4 sites.

I've seen mention of doing the underside a few times, but not the whole car.

I don't think I could bring myself to do it, I have seen cars done in it and it really doesn't look all that bad.

Saw a truck completely covered. All I can say is I hope the owner liked it, cuz it would be a ***** to change!

I had a old chevy 4x4 I did it to.... inside and out!

Pros.... never rusted, resisted dents, excellent when I went in deep water

Cons..... Heavy, ugly, not comfortable to lean on,

To do it correctly and have it stick you would have to rough sand the entire car. The do it yourself kits suck and good luck getting it off your skin or clothes. Having used it several times on trucks, it'll last you about a year even with proper prep. After that it start cracking and peeling.

To do it correctly and have it stick you would have to rough sand the entire car. The do it yourself kits suck and good luck getting it off your skin or clothes. Having used it several times on trucks, it'll last you about a year even with proper prep. After that it start cracking and peeling.

Did the entire underside, wheel wells, rockers of a 89 Chevy Blazer and after 7 years it still looks and held up as well as any paint job I've ever seen. No cracks, peeling nothing. It has faded some but that's it.

It's my shack beater and receives heavy regular abuse off road.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

for places where you would NORMALLY undercoat, look into product called "body Schultz". a very good type of undercoating that's been around at least 2 5 yrs I know of.
personally I can see doing the whole car n anything like any type of undercoating. just me.......

Its an interesting idea. I could see doing it on the rockers and the lower panels of my toy. But I've seen this in person on off road trucks, I think its hideous. It made the entire truck look cheap (no offense to anyone intended). I believe the victum I saw was a early 80's chevy suv with removable shell. Might have just looked bad on that truck. Who knows.

-
Back