Anyone use the aeromotive A-2000 fuel pump ?

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to buy a fuel system. I've been looking at the a-2000 pump.
Sorry I can't load links.

That’s a serious pump for any kind of street car. Think promod. The A1000 flows more than enough fuel for about any street level HP. I currently use the A750s, the a1000s, and the a340 in tank pumps from aeromotive. They make a fantastic product. But do you need that much pump?

That’s a serious pump for any kind of street car. Think promod. The A1000 flows more than enough fuel for about any street level HP. I currently use the A750s, the a1000s, and the a340 in tank pumps from aeromotive. They make a fantastic product. But do you need that much pump?
I'm definitely not running a pro-mod, I want more than enough. I'm building a big block a-body, dedicated drag car only shooting for 10.00 et but I want it ready to go faster when I can afford that.
I suppose to answer the answer to your question is Probably not need that much pump, but should I buy once instead of stepping up later?

1EA02894-0E80-481B-9D88-824B5B479CF5.png

specs for the a2000

What fuel? Na or boost? Carb or injection? Start there.

What fuel? Na or boost? Carb or injection? Start there.
I just looked at the a1000, that's probably more than I need.
Race gas 110, na, carburetor.
Should have Dyno numbers soon guessing around mid 600s

The A 1000 will be more than enough. And will give you room for more hp in the future. At lower power levels (500-600) or lots of street driving, use their fuel pump controller. Makes the pumps last forever and keeps the fuel cooler.

The A 1000 will be more than enough. And will give you room for more hp in the future. At lower power levels (500-600) or lots of street driving, use their fuel pump controller. Makes the pumps last forever and keeps the fuel cooler.
Thanks for answering my questions and thanks for the advice too.

Trying to decipher the flow graph from Aeromotive, it appears that at 20 psi that pump pumps 800 pounds per hour. At 6 pounds per gallon that’s 133.33 gallons per hour. At 6.5 pounds per gallon 123 gallons per hour.

That’s down there with a Holley pump.

I’ve seen pump gas that weighed a little over 6 pounds per gallon and some that was over 7. That’s why you have to measure specific gravity of the fuel you are using when you test on the dyno or the BSFC number might be off.

That A1000 is too small for me. I’m not a fan of rating fuel pumps by horsepower.

I run the A2000 on my duster race car. It’s an awesome pump. The return line comes off the pump so with it mounted in the rear u just have a short return line. One line only to the front. I also have the -10 Aeromotive hose. 470 stroker 655 hp, 620 tq. Low 10s. My buddy runs the A1000 in a 4000 lbs 71 Super Bee. Just over 800 hp.He likes it. Kim

Had a 650 horse 9 sec motor in a pretty heavy car.
Used a Holley black.
Peer pressure finally took its toll and I upgraded the fuel system a bunch.
Saw zero, zip, nothing on my time slips.
Too much fuel pump is the biggest overspend in performance cars, IMO.

I've been 10.008 @ almost 135 on pump 93 with a Holley Black Billet pump, the pressure was down to 3 psi at the stripe. The car wasn't laying down though.

I run the A2000 on my duster race car. It’s an awesome pump. The return line comes off the pump so with it mounted in the rear u just have a short return line. One line only to the front. I also have the -10 Aeromotive hose. 470 stroker 655 hp, 620 tq. Low 10s. My buddy runs the A1000 in a 4000 lbs 71 Super Bee. Just over 800 hp.He likes it. Kim

Where is your regulator?
You got me thinking I did mine wrong

my return comes off the regulator which is mounted in the front of the car ..
And goes back to the tank which of course is in the rear of the car

Where is your regulator?

IMO, you want to return the fuel at the regulator, not at the pump. It’s more work and more plumbing but the response time is much quicker.

I've been 10.008 @ almost 135 on pump 93 with a Holley Black Billet pump, the pressure was down to 3 psi at the stripe. The car wasn't laying down though.

What would happen if you held say 6 psi through the lights?? Just spit balling but maybe you could reduce main jet size. There may be some power in that.

Again, just spitballing…

Trying to decipher the flow graph from Aeromotive, it appears that at 20 psi that pump pumps 800 pounds per hour. At 6 pounds per gallon that’s 133.33 gallons per hour. At 6.5 pounds per gallon 123 gallons per hour.

That’s down there with a Holley pump.

I’ve seen pump gas that weighed a little over 6 pounds per gallon and some that was over 7. That’s why you have to measure specific gravity of the fuel you are using when you test on the dyno or the BSFC number might be off.

That A1000 is too small for me. I’m not a fan of rating fuel pumps by horsepower.
At 9 psi the Holley black flows around 720lbs/hr. At 20 psi the A1000 flows around 900lbs/hr. As you know when pressure goes down volume goes up. Aeromotive doesn’t show the flow rate at lower pressure from that pump and Holley doesn’t show a flow rate for higher pressure so a direct comparison is hard, but I bet the black pump falls off fast at higher pressure where the aeromotive is rated. I’d bet at carbureted pressures the a1000 flows close to 1000lbs/hr. The a-1000 is more than most guys will need.

Where is your regulator?

The regulator is mounted at the carb. Works just fine. Kim

-
Back