Anyone who has installed a silver sports automatic trans in a A-body?

-

bmcentir

73 duster
Reaction score
I purchased a kit for my 73 Duster and have questions about getting a shift linkage from the 4L60E to the floor in the stock shifter location. How did you do it? What kind of custom linkage did you make or find to make it work?
My car has been modified and has a gen III 6.4 hemi and I had a tremac tkx 5 speed in it. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_8027.jpeg

I purchased a kit for my 73 Duster and have questions about getting a shift linkage from the 4L60E to the floor in the stock shifter location. How did you do it? What kind of custom linkage did you make or find to make it work?
My car has been modified and has a gen III 6.4 hemi and I had a tremac tkx 5 speed in it. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 1716309977
Whoa!! Nice car!! :thumbsup:

I did purchase a Lokar floor mount shifter for the 4L60E with a rod connection to the trans. The straight rod will not connect to the trans and I’m not sure I can bend it in such a way that it will since it has to go through the small space between the trans mount and the tail shaft area. Was hoping someone else has done this and could share their solution.

Sweet car! And you are (kind of) local. Cool.

Curious why you are dumping the TKX. Not judging, just curious.

Mopar Muscle did an install of one of those back when it was still Keisler. It was in a B-Body, but maybe it would help?

They used a cable to shift the trans.

0908phr_18_z-keisler_a41_automatic_transmission-shift_selector.jpg

I guess Keisler supplied a new detent plate for the slap stick shifter, too.

Have you reached out to SST?

Looks like @Seandavid55 was working on a 4L60E swap a couple of years ago. Not sure if he finished or is still around.
DionR Thank you for the info. I will see what I can come up with with these leads and see if it will help me out. To answer your question the TKX I did purchase back when it was keislers, it just took me 12 years to get the car up and running. The manual works great in the car… but at my advanced age and slowness with the stick I know I can have more fun with the automatic so that’s why I’m switching back. Since the car is done I didn’t want to tear it apart again to rebuild the tunnel so this seemed to be a good solution.

-
Back