Are A body and B body radios interchangeable?

-

buzzkill71

Reaction score
Question for you all...will any B-body radio fit in an A-body? I have a 65 Barracuda and I am looking to repalce the cassette radio that came in mine with an original unit..I have XM isntalled and so could care less if the radio actually works or not. I found a B-body radio from a 65 coronet that looks right but want to be sure before I spend the money on something I have no use for. Any suggestions or help please respond or PM me please.

The interchange is '65-6 Barracuda and Valiant but I've swapped others in those cars with no major problems. Sometimes the rear support anchor is in a different spot so you have to make a custom strap to hold the back up. I don't remember having done your exact exchange so there may be something to keep you from doing it but I rather doubt it. The basic radios were real close, they mainly changed the knobs and faceplates.

Thanks Mark I may go ahead and pull the trigger on it. It's only $25 but hate to waste moeny on something I don't need. I guess that leads me to my next question.....correct faceplates and knobs. Anyone know a good source?

Thanks Mark I may go ahead and pull the trigger on it. It's only $25 but hate to waste moeny on something I don't need. I guess that leads me to my next question.....correct faceplates and knobs. Anyone know a good source?

Face plates and knobs are with some of my links on eBay.

The correct one would be like your second listing....one with the tuner lense attached to the radio itself. The ones with the lens in the face plate are wrong for the '65-6 models. Your 4th listing is a round push button type which isn't correct for the '65-6 Valiant/Barracuda either.

The correct one would be like your second listing....one with the tuner lense attached to the radio itself. The ones with the lens in the face plate are wrong for the '65-6 models. Your 4th listing is a round push button type which isn't correct for the '65-6 Valiant/Barracuda either.

I had no idea what was correct but I figured that he would know. I suspect all of them may be closer than a B-body radio.

I have put a bid in on the correct one...hopefully i will win. Have never used ebay much so another new experience.

-
Back