are there any other LOWPAR lovers out there?

-
I like low as long as the car still functions and has suspension up travel. If you go beyond that, you either like to drive really slow or have a young back.

I concur, it has to be drivable.
To that end I'm likely going with bigger bars to help prevent bottoming out on our lousy roads.

stock height and wheel size.
..but by all means better suspension,torsion bars,brakes and tires

hello greetings from Tamaulipas Mexico, i share my duster 74

Attachments

• IMG_2249.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 347
all depends how its done. wheels play a huge factor too..

this thing is screaming for a 17 or 18 inch wheel. would make the car...
attachment.php

the demon is bad ***..
0912phr_25_o%2B20_affordable_project_cars%2Bdodge_dart.jpg

hell yes...
attachment.php

yea man...
b90f3c31-9595-4edd-bc98-bddaab10dd85_zpsab930f55.jpg

hell no
0.jpg

not slammed but not stock either. i was quite happy with the stance..
DSC_0019-1.jpg

all depends how its done. wheels play a huge factor too..

this thing is screaming for a 17 or 18 inch wheel. would make the car...
attachment.php

the demon is bad ***..
0912phr_25_o%2B20_affordable_project_cars%2Bdodge_dart.jpg

hell yes...
attachment.php

yea man...
b90f3c31-9595-4edd-bc98-bddaab10dd85_zpsab930f55.jpg

hell no
0.jpg

not slammed but not stock either. i was quite happy with the stance..
DSC_0019-1.jpg

I'm in agreement with everything here. Top pic def needs some bigger wheels. That white car looks about perfect for my taste.

100% agreement with abodyjoe and clinteg, pauly's car is the inspiration for my car, knew it as soon as I saw it on here.

Sweet dart. What kind of wheels are those?

Thanks
The wheels are American Racing Torqflite. 17x9 rear with 225's and 17x8 front with 205's.
I like the style, but I'll soon be moving up to 18's and possibly 20's at the rear. These will be for sale in a month or two.

I love the looks of a bodies lowered when done right! With 15 inch wheels or bigger. Here a couple pics of my car lowered with 15in weld knock offs

Attachments

• IMG_20140908_203404.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_20140908_203256.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 314
Thanks
The wheels are American Racing Torqflite. 17x9 rear with 225's and 17x8 front with 205's.
I like the style, but I'll soon be moving up to 18's and possibly 20's at the rear. These will be for sale in a month or two.

stock style suspension? what backspace are the wheels?

I had a phone customer that had a bunch of trophies from car shows. I showed a little interest until I found out the trophies were for..." Lowest Car"! GTFO!

stock style suspension? what backspace are the wheels?

Wheels were on it when I picked up the project. Don't know the backspace. I was gonna check it a while back, but I knew that I would eventually relocate the rear springs, put on drop spindles, and Wilwood discs all around. All this would change my backspace requirements, so I never checked where its at now. I have parts for the changes, but have not installed them yet.

As it sits-
Mono leaf springs, but in stock location. There is 3/8" clearance between rear tire and fender.
Front is stock style. Just switched to large ball joint for later disc setup. Maybe 1/4" room to the fender. Its never been driven with this setup, just pushed around. So, couldn't tell you if there are any real world driving clearance issues. I have bounced it around by hand and have not seen any issues. Overall it should be stock dimensions with consideration to width at the face of the hubs. I don't even know if the front wheels will fit once I put on the drop spindles and Wilwoods. LOL. I think the Wilwoods add a little width. Anyone know about that?

"My bad" is probably in order. I took a quick measurement a while back on the rims and I remembered that I measured outside lip to outside lip. So instead of 17x9 and 17x8, they would be 17x8 and 17x7 stated sizes. That should clear up questions regarding the possibility of fitment.

Wheels were on it when I picked up the project. Don't know the backspace. I was gonna check it a while back, but I knew that I would eventually relocate the rear springs, put on drop spindles, and Wilwood discs all around. All this would change my backspace requirements, so I never checked where its at now. I have parts for the changes, but have not installed them yet.

As it sits-
Mono leaf springs, but in stock location. There is 3/8" clearance between rear tire and fender.
Front is stock style. Just switched to large ball joint for later disc setup. Maybe 1/4" room to the fender. Its never been driven with this setup, just pushed around. So, couldn't tell you if there are any real world driving clearance issues. I have bounced it around by hand and have not seen any issues. Overall it should be stock dimensions with consideration to width at the face of the hubs. I don't even know if the front wheels will fit once I put on the drop spindles and Wilwoods. LOL. I think the Wilwoods add a little width. Anyone know about that?

i was worried about the wilwood changing my track width on the front as well so i went ahead and got the caliper adapters from aje i think it was and used my factory big ball joint spindles. the c-body rotors and wilwood calipers. it was pretty cheap that way and kept factory spindle and rotors.

I am 100% in agreement with abodyjoe. Some yes... on the ground... hell no. there is something about a litle lower with nice wheels that sets off an A

i was worried about the wilwood changing my track width on the front as well so i went ahead and got the caliper adapters from aje i think it was and used my factory big ball joint spindles. the c-body rotors and wilwood calipers. it was pretty cheap that way and kept factory spindle and rotors.

So are you saying that changing to Wilwoods would make the track width wider than a stock 73/75 A body disc setup?

So are you saying that changing to Wilwoods would make the track width wider than a stock 73/75 A body disc setup?

Depends on the Wilwood kit. Some make the track wider, some actually make the track slightly narrower. You can get that info off of Wilwoods website if you have a specific kit in mind.

im not sure if the wilwood hubs make any changes but i knew for a fact that the c-body rotors had the same offset. i had already purchased my very expensive wheels and tires and could not afford to make any changes. i am very pleased with the wilwood 4 piston dynapro calipers and the c body 11.75 rotors. this whole swap cost me less then $500.

That's going to be awesome, love the turbo . Nwdart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 220
-
Back