Are these sender ohms readings the same for mine

-

dart6

Reaction score
Gas gauge question
If you go to post #3 from member Redfish he gives the sender ohms for a 68 cuda. Would they be the same for my 70 Dart rally dash as i want to get it recallibrated while the gauge and sender are out
Also do those values need to be made with a 5V input

Thanks

If you know your sender part number or just look up an equivalent one up on the interweb, it usually says the ohm range. That’s how I found mine out.

Should be able to bench test that w a multimeter from full to empty and adjust some bendable tabs if need be to get it within spec.

You can test the gauge w the sender on the bench as well. Yes you will need some kind of 5V source or 12V source into your instrument cluster voltage regulator.

Yes. Even though the gauge is different from 68, the test/calibration is the same. 80 ohms is no needle movement so not really a test. 73 ohms is up to empty hash mark. 23 ohms is half the range. 10 ohms is full. Aftermarket replacement fuel senders aren't right so the fuel gauge still wont be right. Meter Match module is not only the cure for a wrong sender but also a cure for a gauge that isn't quite right. Bottom line... there is really no need to mess with those very sensitive adjust points of your fuel gauge.

-
Back