are things really that overpriced these days?

-
without seeing the under carrige,cant sy,do love the year,hood and 440-4-speed,what rear axle is it,is it disc brakes

looks like it has original carpet,then im sure the rest is original,might of been a 340 car with the 4-speed and 8 3/4

thing is this is NS were they spread salt like no tomorrow and there is salt in the air; the topside is re-painted; wonder what the underside looks like and what it looked like before paint
my Duster came from NS originally, and needed major rust repair in 1980 when it was built up.

...but I wouldn't call that Dart overpriced (I'd agree with Captain Canuck's view)

If it was mine i,d be asking the same price. Not out of line for a place to haggle from.

what would your asking price be if u was selling the car

I wouldn't try selling the car locally because the market here just isn't here for it; for $20 grand you can buy a new car and thats how most people see it

if it was mine I'm not sure what I would be asking for it; kinda depends on whats invested but I wouldn't say much more then $12,000 if you actually want to sell it and not sit on it for 2 or more years

Get it in touch with this member: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/member.php?u=10512

He's in Halifax, and has a neat collection of mopars. He may be able to check it out, and give you an idea on its worth. I still say Canada as a whole, has higher prices period. I still kick myself for not buying a 70 340 4spd Swinger out of Saskatoon back in 98-99. $10k would've bought it. I was only 23 or so at the time, and was worried about buying something so far away.

I thought you were referring to this one for a second, but it looks like on this one they at least moved the crap stack! EDIT: Oops, guess it's not a 4 door either. There's a different 4 door on CL too though.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/3396687576.html

With that one, I was wondering if they'd at least inflate the tires for me if I gave them their $5500 asking price?!

Don't count on it!

I think I may have worked on that Dart when I was employed at Doering Dodge in the late 70's...LOL!

I think it's under priced myself. You couldn't build a car like that for $20,000
I should know, I just finished a 71 Demon and a 70 Challenger before that.
Labor is expensive today. A quality laser straight paint job will cost you $7000.00 today.

Wilson
Ontario Canada

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 104
  • pics 252.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 92
  • pics 243.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 87
I think it's under priced myself. You couldn't build a car like that for $20,000
I should know, I just finished a 71 Demon and a 70 Challenger before that.
Labor is expensive today. A quality laser straight paint job will cost you $7000.00 today.

Wilson
Ontario Canada

I don't think that 70 Swinger has a laser staight paint job. Nor close to the quality of work and detail that your car has.

You'd have to take the 70 Swinger all apart and do a full resto to get to the same point your Demon is now.

If the car is as nice as it looks thats a cheap price. 67 GT door panels . 71 steering wheel. 71 rally dash , and look like challenger seats

-
Back