Are you a Mopar purist?

-
I just wanted to tell a guy that I beat that my engine was smaller than his 350.
you really wanna mess with people, dress up a 400+ stroker like a 273 commando. ultimate stealth status is to run four mufflers with tail pipes so the can't hear you coming.

My question is, If you acquired a somewhat classic Chevy or other with no engine and transmission, would you put a Mopar engine in it if you had one sitting around?

I really can't see spending the time to swap in a different brand into anything, except an ealry Hemi or a hot rod with an obsolete drive train. I love small bock Fords, and I can put together a forged crank 283 or 327 that would work.

Last edited:
Back around 1988, my brother had a really solid 66 F100 shortbed, 6 cylinder 3 on the tree. The six cylinder gave up the ghost one Friday night. He drove it to work Monday morning with a 360 4bbl and 727. Literally bolted it in using A body mounts, drilled a few holes in the trans crossmember, and hunted through a pile of driveshafts until he found the right one. Hardest thing was wiring the Chrysler electronic ignition, because Ford used a resistor wire that caused him some issues until he found it out.

Personally, I'd stuff a Mopar drivetrain in anything that isn't a nice survivor or big money car in original condition

Mom said "Son, there are some things in this old world that just DON"T SEEM RIGHT!? The list is long, but I will start off by saying ketsup on eggs and ketsup on steak" :BangHead: :thumbsup: :poke: :confederateflag:

Your car your rules, but I'd never crap up a 340 by wrapping it in some Chevy Trash. There's plenty of orphaned Chevy motors in junkyards across the USA looking for new homes in Chevy's, and plenty of Chevy's due for heart transplants.

-
Back