Arsen Starting Fires Here in Southern Colorado!

-
You guys in the Springs take care and keep an eye out! It is just terrible all around. My front yard is nothing but, crunchy dry dead grass and it scares the heck out of me.

We just had 5 minutes of rain so light, it barely hit the ground and was evaporated. Thank goodness it's cloudy though. 14% humidity.

A little bit ago there was now a grass fire on the east side of the springs that had been reported at 60 acres.

Just doesn't seem to be a coincidence. I think there maybe more than one arsen, personally.

Also, I guess now there's one up north of Denver in Estes Park. :(

So far, 8 total forest fires that's been raging here in Colorado, that's not mentioning the multiple grass fires.

wow, what does some sick person get out of doing somthing like that? very sad.....I hope they catch the SOB!

That's terrible. My family drove from North Carolina to Utah and back to visit family in the Logan area when I was about 7. My brother and I loved Louis Lamour's western books and asked to go through at least part of CO. We went right through this area and it was probably the most beautiful place I've ever been. There's no excuse for people who destroy nature's most beautiful places like this.

more pics. the red rock in front make up the Garden of the Gods.

Attachments

• wald.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 146
  • wald1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 143
Dang all that damage. I hope rain comes and helps put out the fires. For the person or persons that started all this. I hope you drop the soap a lot in prison.

this is what the garden of the gods is supposed to look like. below is the same red rock

Attachments

• Pike_Peak_View.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 135
  • wald.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 130
it really is beautiful here. its just ashamed that there are sick people out there that have nothing better to do than light the place on fire

Right now we are looking at some pretty dark clouds. It hasn't dropped a drop yet.This whole state could use some serious rain. All of you close to the fires have our prayers.:coffee2:

we are losing houses now, it really BLEW up in the last 2 hours

these are from my front door and im 25 miles away ...60 mile an hour wind gusts

Attachments

• smoke2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 117
  • smoke1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 116
  • smoke.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 111
  • smoke3.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 124
we are losing houses now, it really BLEW up in the last 2 hours

Oh no!

I was fixing to say that the forest commission burns land on purpose around here..... so it will grow back will it not?

But houses are a different story.

Oh no!

I was fixing to say that the forest commission burns land on purpose around here..... so it will grow back will it not?

But houses are a different story.

they do controlled burns all the time to promote new growth, but this was arson

Just took these!

Park is behind our apartment!

Firetrucks lined up on 30th street to make a stand!

Embers coming down into the city now!

Attachments

• DSC_1123.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_1125.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_1119.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_1114.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 111
-
Back