Assassin bars

-
Oh sweet. What type of leaf springs are best to optimize them? I want to also drop 1/4s over tire so -1 monos or less are what I want

Oh sweet. What type of leaf springs are best to optimize them? I want to also drop 1/4s over tire so -1 monos or less are what I want

Don't know what spring is best. But the mounting bracket only allows for a mono application in the front

According to Calvert racing their split mono leaf is required for optimum performance. I have no personal experience, just going by what the manufacturer claims.

You hit it on the head. Not required, but recommended.

They look to bolt to the front spring segment.

Just a heads up, tried to order a set for the cramp and their out. Be about two weeks before the truck rolls in with new stock. Bummer

Where did/do you order them from?
Link?

Thanks

They look to bolt to the front spring segment.

My leafs are in the mopar offset hangers. The front does not go anywhere inside the front shackle area. It mounts behind them a ways. Does have the leverage point under the eye of the leaf unlike the caltrac. Makes for a better and longer acting bar. Hence why i said in another thread they dont bend the leafs like the caltracs can on higher powered cars.

I got a 20% off coupon in mail from Classic Industries. I will be ordering the bars :)

Use a mono leaf. Drill the hole using the bit supplied with the smith bars (it's a blast drilling leaf springs) install and go tune. Pretty basic, I doubt that anybody here makes spring bending power so I wouldn't be very concerned with that. Top fuel burns a motor every pass so maybe we should stop using motors? It's the same concept lol.

I've seen both bars, yes the Smith has more adjustment. Do you need it? Are you actually going to try all of those combinations? That's for you to decide.

I read on Moparts that Smith actually said his bars will work with any springs.

Use a mono leaf. Drill the hole using the bit supplied with the smith bars (it's a blast drilling leaf springs) install and go tune. Pretty basic, I doubt that anybody here makes spring bending power so I wouldn't be very concerned with that. Top fuel burns a motor every pass so maybe we should stop using motors? It's the same concept lol.

I've seen both bars, yes the Smith has more adjustment. Do you need it? Are you actually going to try all of those combinations? That's for you to decide.

The smith bars will not bend the springs. The caltracs have been known for it even on 12 second cars sir.

Thanks Turbo Freak.
Where can I get these?

The smith bars will not bend the springs. The caltracs have been known for it even on 12 second cars sir.

Links? I really don't see it on a slower car, even you've been saying "on faster cars" until now. Really the only difference that would prevent the ability to bend a spring with the Smith stuff is there is no fulcrum.

Went out for a test run today. First gear was like a top fueled burnout. Back of the car jumped straight up and hopped a couple of times. Pedaled it a bit and hit second. Much better, car stayed straight and pulled hard. Less spinning. Third hit hard and also less spinning. Just have to play around with coming out of the hole.

Links? I really don't see it on a slower car, even you've been saying "on faster cars" until now. Really the only difference that would prevent the ability to bend a spring with the Smith stuff is there is no fulcrum.

It is more prone the faster one goes or amount of power applied. I seen recently a 12 sec car had wnet threw 2 sets of leafs bent by his caltracs. he switched to the assissin bars cuz of it. Even i was shocked by that.

According to Calvert racing their split mono leaf is required for optimum performance. I have no personal experience, just going by what the manufacturer claims.

I am running stock leaf springs and had a best 60 ft. of 1.33 with a 315/60 M/T Drag Radial. Maybe I need to try a set of the mono leaf.

It is more prone the faster one goes or amount of power applied. I seen recently a 12 sec car had wnet threw 2 sets of leafs bent by his caltracs. he switched to the assissin bars cuz of it. Even i was shocked by that.

I'll file it under believe it when I see it. Too many variables also, how do we know something wasn't wrong in the car? Easy to go 12's even with an unsorted combo

Just a comparison. First photo MP springs and pinion snubber.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 248
Second photo is on the same piece of concrete using the Assassin bars. Noticeable difference in the tread contact patch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 273
-
Back