Aussie 68 valiant sedan build, blow through small block!!

-
Lookin good wardy!
Thanks mate!:D

few update pics!
got both sleeves in the axle ends ready for pressing into the housing, bevelled the edge and plug welded.

quickly made up some adjustable shackles and spring saddles, ill play with angles and stuff down he track. the top bolt is greaseable through the hole in the chassis rail.

got all my front end painted up, fitted the CM front brakes, just waiting on some long 1/2" wheel studs and nuts so I can bolt the wheels on

and finally stripped all my doors and bootlid back to bare metal, welded the chrome strip holes and etch primed ready for a light skim of filler and blocking back.

Almost all of the fabwork is done now so me and the missus are wet sanding and masking up the main body next Saturday ready for paint!! cant wait for some colour on the big girl, then I can get the hoodlining, carpet, windscreens, rear lights and bumper etc fitted up.
Im also definitely moving to efi (ive sold most of the carb stuff so no turning back haha) throttle body is on the way, ill be running a haltech to control both the fuel and ignition, modded dizzy for a cam signal, LS1 coils, MSD crank trigger, 1000cc+ injectors, aeromotive reg and A1000 pump. running on E85 it should move along well

Thanks fellas.. Pete, looking forward to catching up at future events that's for sure!

It's been like Christmas for me lately with parts coming in the post daily!

I've also organised a perfect engine, an LA 318, heads rebuilt, melling oil pump, roll master timing chain kit... But has failed oil rings! Blows a lot of smoke but I'll be stripping and rebuilding so it fits the bill well!

Carpet and roof lining is on the way, dropping the trim off to the upholsterer within a week, sourcing some parts to rebuild the trans. Waiting on axles..It's all happening.

Bit more of an update fellas.. Axles turned up, have been busy getting those ready. Competey rebuilt the 9" centre, full spool, 2.75 ratio (tall I know but the turbo cars love it)

Finished welding the housing up, so I'll be fitting the centre and axles over the weekend and getting the car on its wheels! Can't wait to get her rolling again.

Picking up another compete mock up engine on Saturday, ordered all the alloy bends for the cooler piping etc so I'll have some more exciting pics at a later date

major updates!!! First off I bought another 318 site unseen off ebay, got it back home and noticed it had a few dents in the sump... from the inside!! it had a major let go snapping 2 rods, stuffed crank and block. the cam and lifters were worn out and the list goes on, there are a lot of small things I needed off it and it came with a good 904. all for $150 I cant really complain. [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] I only really bought it as another mock up engine, so I got the sump and heads on and bolted her in, fitted the manifold, elbow and TB. Fitted all my turbo gear ready to do all the cooler piping this coming week. [/URL] [/URL]
And I finally got all my diff together and in the car.. the wheels sit slightly more inward then what I planned but ill make some adjustments when its at full weight. still have to make up some caliper brackets but im happy how its all worked out! Had to get a few outside shots for good measure [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] Hoping to blow the colour on the shell next weekend if the weather is kind, hopefully have the cooler piping and dump pipe done too. more pics to come Wardy

Thanks Aaron will do!

Few tasty pics for the arvo, TB side of cooler piping is done, just waiting on some alloy adaptors for the blow off valves so I was mucking around taping them in different spots and like this the best. Waiting on a silicone bend for the turbo side and I'll button that up

Too cool man just over the top cool especially since its a four door Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad
Thanks! I think it's turning out pretty well, just have to keep moving forward, one little annoying job at a time lol So I picked this up yesterday, a nice clean 360 block, engine plans have blown out of the water now.. 4" forged crank, H beams, forged pistons. Convert it to roller cam, ported eddys. Looking to run deep in the 9's. Also spent the afternoon putting the boot (trunk) chrome and lettering on. Normally the strip between the taillights and where the lettering is, is normally painted silver, looks good all white I think.

This thing drools cool Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Thanks!

Doors will be painted and hung this coming weekend. Hoping to fit tail shaft loop, carpet, shifter and hoodlining. Also getting a guard roller to get those tyres to tuck under there!

Interior will be finished next week and the screens will be put in.. It's getting busy!

Ok is it just me or was that a Ford six cylinder that came out of that car ?

-
Back