Aussie 68 valiant sedan build, blow through small block!!

-
I now see what ppl say about the Aussie valiant rears bein awesome!! I LOVE that all white tail panel!!! Chrome looks AMAZING on white!!!

I now see what ppl say about the Aussie valiant rears bein awesome!! I LOVE that all white tail panel!!! Chrome looks AMAZING on white!!!

Thanks mate! I'm a massive fan of the Aussie rears! The tail panel is supposed to be silver but I think it looks heaps better like this!

Big couple of weekends!
Doors painted and fitted
Hood lining in (what a prick of a job!!)
Front and rear screens in with new rubbers
All of the interior in for a trial fit (waiting to decide on the engine dilemma so I can mounts a tailshaft loop)
Shifter mounted
Diff centre in and filled with oil.

Also trial fitted some different lowering blocks in the rear while I was there, these pics are with 35mm blocks, so I'll get my springs reset 2" and it should sit pretty damn good.

This week I'll cut my fuel tank up and add a sump and -10an pickups, hopefully get door glass and internals in too.

It's slowly becoming a car!

Wanna trade projects then if that's overwhelming Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Haha depends.. Is yours worth more?
icon_wink.gif

I have 5 months to have this done! I think I can do it

Idk if mines worth more and y 5 fives time frame?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

There is a 2 day mopar event on July.. Goal is to have it there. I don't HAVE to have it finished, but it'd be damn nice

Update time..

Convos are gone and a new set of wheels are on there way to me from the US.
Radiator and water pump are ordered so I should have them all plumbed up in a few weeks.
Sourced a virgin bore 360 block to build up, will hopefully have it and some pistons at the machine shop within the next 6 weeks getting sorted.

Spent this afternoon making up my dump pipe, pretty damn happy with how it turned out.

That hair dryer looks a bit on the small side..... :p

Here's a pair of good sized ones...........

Attachments

• IMGP6959.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 511
I don't post here very much anymore but I had to sign in and say that this thing is fricking cool. I love the build keep it up.

hey mate did you decide to keep your small block stuff? ps, dynoed the charger for the first time last weekend, 400 hp at the tyres.

hey mate did you decide to keep your small block stuff? ps, dynoed the charger for the first time last weekend, 400 hp at the tyres.

Hey Clint, yeh I did mate. Crunched some numbers and decided I was better off continuing with what I was doing! That way I should have it ready for July..

400 is a ripper effort! Gotta be happy with that!

Seeming as though it won't be registered for a while and only used at the drags/powercruise type events. I decided to get my race exhaust done.. There will be another system made that will go all the way to the back for street duties, I'll make that later.

I'll fit up a guard tomorrow and finish it off. There is going to be a v band up next to the rocker cover which will allow me to remove the side pipe

Why hello there!

My wilwood master will be here tomorrow so I'll be busy making an adaptor for that. Also ordering my fuel tank sump so I'll get the tank ready for that... I wish my wheels would hurry up!!

Few other little jobs done, got my v band for the dump pipe so I have that tacked into position, will finalise the welding tomorrow.. It will allow me to pull the side pipe off and connect the street system.

I also knocked up a radiator overflow out of some left over cooler piping lol, happy with how it turned out and it looks pretty neat! After not using my tig for 2 years or so I'm getting back into the swing of things. Not bad for a self taught mechanic lol

This weekend I'll be fitting up the door trims, covering and fitting my parcel shelf. And buttoning up a few little odds and ends... More parts turn up next week so I'll be flat out again.

Got my master cylinder adaptor, can't recommend the piece enough, fits perfect and looks great. They are for sale on eBay.
Also bolted up the master cylinder, will be running brake lines soon

B131EF4D-E3C3-465D-A6C5-F9F0030B3F30_zpsdcswtvn0.jpg
21F6F069-0267-483F-8D07-65F2B132D2E7_zpssgwg81gf.jpg

Also modified and fitted a sump to the stock tank, it will have a -10an feed from it (the other blanked off for now) and will be a -8an return fitted to the top. Pressure tested fine and will have a coat of paint before it goes in.
Also have to modify the tank strap as it won't fit now, will be a minor hurdle though

1900727F-6292-4EA0-AC20-97D11994A867_zpsnwvnx7tf.jpg
49ACABBF-BCD7-45CD-B151-AEF59C9C757F_zpsjda20ysy.jpg

Looking great as this build moves forward, looking great wardy, I see some super skills going on here and had to jump in this early morning here in the states (Arkansas) keep up the progress and thank you for posting this great machine :cheers:

Looking great as this build moves forward, looking great wardy, I see some super skills going on here and had to jump in this early morning here in the states (Arkansas) keep up the progress and thank you for posting this great machine :cheers:

Hi, and thanks for your comment!.. ill have plenty more pics to share!

engine bay is now bare, to make way for the new engine combo.. looking forward to that!
Got my front wheels and fitted them up, also scored some front guards so have been busy mocking them up with the doors and bonnet.

I need to remember a bucket every time I look at this thread to catch all the drooling cause this thing is off the scale cool

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

-
Back