Aussie VC 67 Dodge ute

-
I’ve been very busy the last few weeks with door modification. This is a sacrificial door bought just for testing ideas. These include, auto power windows for full length glass. Puddle lights, illuminated late model interior door handles. Illuminated exterior handles when alarm/central locking is deactivated. Many people complain these power window kits aren’t powerful enough. They are if they don’t have to fight friction from bad installation!
I posted all the images in Mopar body & trim section as Fitting aftermarket power windows.

View attachment 1716072373

View attachment 1716072374

View attachment 1716072375

View attachment 1716072376

View attachment 1716072377

View attachment 1716072378

View attachment 1716072379

View attachment 1716072380
Great work!

Great work still this is going to be one fantastic ute you might have to book a spot at COTM a couple of years in advance as I hear next year they are limiting to 1000 entries and it would be a shame not to see this great piece of work in the metal

Great work still this is going to be one fantastic ute you might have to book a spot at COTM a couple of years in advance as I hear next year they are limiting to 1000 entries and it would be a shame not to see this great piece of work in the metal
COTM is almost getting too big! Hope they take the best 1000 cars, not just the first 1000 to entre. But I get in trouble when I say things like that. Truth be it, some cars that take up valuable space that are just another old car with nothing interesting about them. Same thing has happened to the SummerNats, nothing much to look at these days. Just full of Commodores you can see for free at any shopping mail!

The test door is basically finished, 4 months work! Currently it’s fitted with ED Falcon exterior handles but they will be changed to EL once I get a pair of rear door cuts as the handles are slightly different to front mounts. These handles illuminate when the alarm is turned off. FG Falcon internal handles are used and illuminate with the dash lights. High powered puddle lights are fitted inside the door. I now have my one-piece glass made, yet to be fitted. A heavy intrusion bar has been made but no photo’s as yet! Spent some time making a door panel with built in arm rest and speaker pod. There’s some refinement work to be done with the panel so it looks a little boxy, but this tests the basic idea. (Mechanism modifications for external handles)

2.jpg

1.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

#3 test door panel.....it will be covered in a leather match vinyl that is close to an exact match to the leather for the seats. The inserts for both the doors and seats will be a matching colour of Alcantara.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Your work still amazes me I can’t wait to see the doors all trimmed out will look very modern with all the latest inclusions, I admit I like the idea of the flush door handles on the exterior and that you did use the reinforcement on the door pull a lot of guys would just fit the actual plastic pull section to the door card and hope it is enough

Marty, you are top notch. I wish you were stateside, I'd send my 1994 chevy C1500 Silverado right over right over for an interior makeover. Your interior jobs look like factory stuff. Making stuff like that work takes so much effort, once figured out, the other side ends up being easy peasy.

Amongst all the other jobs I have on at the moment I’m testing the idea of a late model style engine cover on the LA small block. This is just a basic mock up and there’s a lot of finishing to be done. Including “Dodge” embossed down both rocker cover sections. I have a couple of options to test with that! The end product will be cast in carbon fibre with body colour to enhance the logo’s.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Marty this would look great might have to keep an eye on this but I’m using the factory a/c position so might need to look at doing my own version, the only problem is if I say or attempt to do any fibreglassing it usually rains for weeks. It has become a joke with my family

I like to do my projects as how to's to encourage other to have a go! A lot of things aren't that hard once you're shown how. Getting a lot of negative comments about this cover on FaceBook!!

Last edited:
Yes I’ve noticed a lot of that on nose book Ive been playing with these for nearly 50 years now and I’m being told I know nothing at times when I have tried to make a correction to an assumption or pass on some sort of tip to make a job easier, I now tend to look and not comment

I know what you mean. Thinking of stopping posting even though there are those who like what I post and that it's a "how to" with everything. I can't handle pointless criticism, critique is a different thing! As is just asking a pointed question, but others it's just picking at you. Every car I've built and shown has made final contenders, top 10, top 6, SummerNats top 60 street for 10 years with the HZ, SummerNats top 60 elite with the XB GS cruiser 5 years, even SummerNats top 20 elite with the Brougham for 3 years. So I think I'm justified in saying I have some idea what I'm doing!! lol

1.jpg

62.jpg

30.jpg

Marty, Keep posting your ideas. I personally take away a bunch of tips from your postings. Showing how to's are a good thing. Forget the A$$holes that pick apart your postings. They are probably just jealous that they cant do what you can. If I lived out by you I would love to pick up some ideas from you.

Marty, Keep posting your ideas. I personally take away a bunch of tips from your postings. Showing how to's are a good thing. Forget the A$$holes that pick apart your postings. They are probably just jealous that they cant do what you can. If I lived out by you I would love to pick up some ideas from you.
Thanks for the post, between this page and my Facebook build page I get very little feedback. At times it feels like no one is following, then on other groups if it's not how Chrysler did it, look out if you try something new!!

Thanks for the post, between this page and my Facebook build page I get very little feedback. At times it feels like no one is following, then on other groups if it's not how Chrysler did it, look out if you try something new!!
Closed minded trolls. I use what works. Not everything Chrysler did was great though we all like to think so. The hate mail I got for using a GM HEI module to run a mopar electronic distributor was epic. I made it a clean modification that looked almost factory. Hotter spark on the cheap and appears stock, but was ridiculed with pix of 4x4 chevy camaros, redneck hair cut pix, and pix of botch job science project looking HEI module swaps. I could care less. It's their loss. A true hot rodder uses what's available to them in materials and sheer raw talent. At least that's the way it used to be here in the states when hot rodding started. Now it seems it's all "cubic dollars" builds, not "cubic talent". Again build it your way. You have more admirers than flamers. You already know which of the 2 categories I fit into.

Last edited:
-
Back