Authentic A-body heater hose

-

Ryan426_

Reaction score
Just curious anyone order 70 A-body heater hose kit from Mrmoparts? The product came bagged in Mopar authentic authorized stickers but the heater hoses which were stamped with the correct numbers and penastar only one hose came correct 3-ribbed. The other was not ribbed and could faintly see “made in USA” and other newer part numbers stamped but very faded
Anyone else have this issue or am I just being picky?

A little picky unless you are building a trailer queen show car. If you are going to drive it I wouldn't trust 50 year old hoses.

No, I don't think your being picky. If you take the effort and pay for the original looking, date-coded hoses, you should get them! Its easier to slap any heater hose on, but it looks like crap, especially when they're RED. LOL
I appreciate original looking Mopars, not perfect, but original in appearance.
That being said, not sure about your 1970, but I went through the trouble to get the correct heater hoses for my 69, (see pic).
My 69 is not with me at the moment so this is the only pic I can find for now. I don't think I got them from MrMoparts. I believe 1 IS ribbed, and the other is clearly stamped.
Hope it helps,
Joe
heaterhoses1.jpg

I probably got my Heater Hoses from Frank Badalason's, and Roger Gibsons restorations they weren't cheap, but they do look original.
Part description from his on line catalog:

66-69HH Authentic HEATER HOSE for 66-71; A, B and E body. ………………... $75.00 set Ours is correctly ribbed and styled as original .Others have tried, you will only find the authentic and correct hose here

http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/FileStream.aspx?FileID=1

Just curious anyone order 70 A-body heater hose kit from Mrmoparts? The product came bagged in Mopar authentic authorized stickers but the heater hoses which were stamped with the correct numbers and penastar only one hose came correct 3-ribbed. The other was not ribbed and could faintly see “made in USA” and other newer part numbers stamped but very faded
Anyone else have this issue or am I just being picky?
Sorry, I thought you found some NOS hoses. That's why I responded the way I did. I'm not so sure Mr Joey4speed got the right hoses. These are the numbers I found for a 69 A body. Anyone have a parts book?

Mega Parts USA - Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

Gotcha.
My parts supplier got some explaining to do. Hope I didnt pay $75 for B Body #s.
Thanks

Noticed these HH #s on a supposed #1 restored 69 big block Dart a few years ago (attached). Not even sure if they are correct since they have two ribbed hoses with the identical numbers (1527 532 83044).
Going to have to research for the proper #s.
Ryan426....stay tuned.:thumbsup:
heaterhosez.jpg

Sorry, I thought you found some NOS hoses. That's why I responded the way I did. I'm not so sure Mr Joey4speed got the right hoses. These are the numbers I found for a 69 A body. Anyone have a parts book?

Mega Parts USA - Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

yeah I was just curious if anyone out there not get Mopar “authentic” hoses out there as we spend almost $100 for these hoses and I would expect both hoses not only to have the part numbers on them but also be “ribbed” as they original ones where.
Luckily my car still had the original hoses when I restored it so I was able to match my correct part numbers.
and boy don’t let gasoline get on the hose lol I had a gas leak at my filter where my new hoses where and boy that gas took those stenciled part numbers right off like it was nothing in that area

Yeah, they were probably stamped.
Curious, so what were your original hose #s and what size engine, A/C or not in your 70 Dart.?
Thanks,
Joe

Yeah, they were probably stamped.
Curious, so what were your original hose #s and what size engine, A/C or not in your 70 Dart.?
Thanks,
Joe

I own a 1971 duster 340 I can’t find one of my hoses but here is one

487E3248-15BC-47CD-A20A-55B950FBDDF2.jpeg

Without AC

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I don't think your being picky. If you take the effort and pay for the original looking, date-coded hoses, you should get them! Its easier to slap any heater hose on, but it looks like crap, especially when they're RED. LOL
I appreciate original looking Mopars, not perfect, but original in appearance.
That being said, not sure about your 1970, but I went through the trouble to get the correct heater hoses for my 69, (see pic).
My 69 is not with me at the moment so this is the only pic I can find for now. I don't think I got them from MrMoparts. I believe 1 IS ribbed, and the other is clearly stamped.
Hope it helps,
Joe
View attachment 1715440132
On a side note. You have some fancy heads there. TA's?

So, according to the Mega Parts USA site referenced, the first numbers actually match what I have on the 69 Dart big block w/o AC. (attached). Their website doesn't show for the year 71.
I would like to get to the bottom of this for all involved but they're not picking up the phone, Friday I guess.
I also emailed Frank Badalson with a few questions too.
I hope to get the correct answers.
Keep in touch,
Joe

Heater Hose Kit 1969 A/B-Body Non-Air Discounts Apply !

102-HH04-1.jpg

Heater Hose Kit 1969 A/B-Body Non-Air. Two 5/8" Hoses W/Part #s 1605534/1527532. Our part # 102-HH04
Price: $75.00

So, according to the Mega Parts USA site referenced, the first numbers actually match what I have on the 69 Dart big block w/o AC. (attached). Their website doesn't show for the year 71.
I would like to get to the bottom of this for all involved but they're not picking up the phone, Friday I guess.
I also emailed Frank Badalson with a few questions too.
I hope to get the correct answers.
Keep in touch,
Joe

Heater Hose Kit 1969 A/B-Body Non-Air Discounts Apply !

View attachment 1715440454
Heater Hose Kit 1969 A/B-Body Non-Air. Two 5/8" Hoses W/Part #s 1605534/1527532. Our part # 102-HH04
Price: $75.00
You could call Roy or Jamie at Mega Parts. I don't know if they would have any more info for you. May be worth a try.

Frank Badalson just called me back a few minutes ago. I am going to try and give a synopsis on what he told me he knows in the world of heater hoses:

1) Mopar, back in the day, had many different hose vendors, the last numbers of "83044" was a vendor code. The first #s were for the part numbers.
2) This ---83044 # is the one being used predominantly in the reproduction world currently.
3) The style and amount of ribs were inherent in the process and they varied, depending on the vendor.
(It seems the 5/8" hoses have the ribs, the 1/2" hoses are smooth)
4) Up until 1969, all heater core and water pump ports were 5/8". So both hoses could be ribbed.
5) Starting 1970, Mopar began combining two 1/2" and two 5/8" ports in the engine compartment to prevent crossing the hoses which could restrict the hot water flow from the pump to the heater core. So one hose could be smooth and the other (5/8") could be ribbed.
6) Both A and B bodies potentially could have used the same vendors, hence the same hose numbers.

It was difficult trying to quickly write down as he was speaking, If anyone else has more accurate info, I would encourage them to share it.
Thanks,
Joe

Ryan,
Based on the information, are reproduction hoses correct? Do you have one 5/8" and the other 1/2"?

According to Frank, the reproduction 1/2 inch HH seem to be smooth. Was your original 1/2" smooth or ribbed?
Have to see what style 1/2" hose or what is currently available on Monday.

According to Frank, the reproduction 1/2 inch HH seem to be smooth. Was your original 1/2" smooth or ribbed?
Have to see what style 1/2" hose or what is currently available on Monday.
Yes mine was ribbed I posted a photo above also you can see

I do see the ribs now. Looks like 3 and 2.
I will find out whats available and where, on Monday.

Ok, no worries I have already bought repos but I figured for almost $100 they would come like the originals.
My repos only the 5/8 hose is ribbed while the 1/2 is smooth.
I just didn’t know if anyone else had this issue or was I being ripped off lol

Ok, no worries I have already bought repos but I figured for almost $100 they would come like the originals.
My repos only the 5/8 hose is ribbed while the 1/2 is smooth.
I just didn’t know if anyone else had this issue or was I being ripped off lol

-
Back