Auto shifter ideas what's the best

-
I've got the B&M Pro, and mine you press the reverse lockout down. You get a solid click, and it stays unlocked until you shift into reverse, or back out of neutral. Very easy and comfortable one handed

Mine locked back w/ the first gear position change , I hated it !

The B&M Pro Ratchet is one of the best, IMO. What don't you like about it?

Sounds kinda stupid but the angle my hand is on to shift to reverse and park hurts my hand.

Then shim it up and change the angle or get another handle with a different angle.

Then shim it up and change the angle or get another handle with a different angle.
Thought about that just checking with everyone to see what's available and options.
I don't mind spending around $500 on a new one Life is busy here and cheaper in the long run to buy one set up than spend time modifying mine.

Thought about that just checking with everyone to see what's available and options.
I don't mind spending around $500 on a new one Life is busy here and cheaper in the long run to buy one set up than spend time modifying mine.

I might be interested in the Pro Ratchet if you decide to sell it.

I have a Hurst Quarter Stick that I am really happy with! Mine has the ball on top but I know you can get them with a Pistol Style handle on them too. There is a reverse lock out lever though so if you don't want that, this isn't for you either.

Cley

Great video , I`m a "hands off bump it when the light comes on" kinda guy . No trouble , I learned that from using a factory shifter in the old hemi car back in the day.
Cant tell u how many time I f----- up leaving my hand on that shifter. My partner was a mech. and sold on it tho !

I have the Hurst Promatic 2 modded into my console.

was fairly easy to do.

Do have to lift the ball to get to Neutral, reverse, and park though..

I have the Hurst Promatic 2 modded into my console.

was fairly easy to do.

Do have to lift the ball to get to Neutral, reverse, and park though..
Yea I almost went with that one when I bought my vmatic just because it looked more stock. But i liked the t handle and the boot at the bottom of the vmatic and I like the dual action feature. I have had my vmatic for 18 years I have swapped it in and out of several vehicles

I'll check it out lots to choose from and like what all has posted.
I run a reverse valve body, and of all of tried through the years, itvis by far been the easiest to operate. My 13yo daughter can drive it. Its that easy, never misses and has hard stops

I run a reverse valve body, and of all of tried through the years, itvis by far been the easiest to operate. My 13yo daughter can drive it. Its that easy, never misses and has hard stops
Not running a reverse valve body well yet anyway.

The B&M Pro Ratchet is the real deal. SCREW the rest. If you have never used one, FIND someone who has one you can try. You will NOT want anything else.

Not running a reverse valve body well yet anyway.
They make forward pattern also. Butvas others have said, try a bunch of diffrent ones and the track or friends or something. Make model of vehicle dont matter when ya looking for a certain feel

The B&M Pro Ratchet is the real deal. SCREW the rest. If you have never used one, FIND someone who has one you can try. You will NOT want anything else.
The one I have is a B&M ratchet T handle 2 fingers in the lift knob to get it reverse or park and works great but hurts my hand on the angle to pull up the lever. My hands are about shot is why I need something a little easier to use.

20191013_143840.jpg
I can't figure how to post pictures on pm box so Here ya go Johnny your new shiftier I found it today. Will send it to you as soon as I can dig my way out of all this snow. lol

View attachment 1715407949 I can't figure how to post pictures on pm box so Here ya go Johnny your new shiftier I found it today. Will send it to you as soon as I can dig my way out of all this snow. lol

The one I had , had a separate reverse release lever in front , completely separate from the shift handle , about 3" from it , really sucked !!
I still like the cheeta better than anything I`ve used …….

-
Back