automatic to 4-speed

-
I know my post is late but if it makes you feel better I did a conversion and never had a problem. I love it too! I don't have a ton of HP either but it is a fun ride.
Mine had the hole but no plate for the pivot bolt. I made a plate, simple. I put in a pistol grip too. Not many of those in pre 70 A Bodies.
Greg

I've done 2 '67 Cudas.....and I'll be doing my '69 Dart soon. It's not hard.....just a little time consuming and you'll need some patience. Fortunately, I got a lot of those frame brackets, pedals and floor humps from boneyard slant 6 dusters when they were actually hitting hard in the Pick a Parts about 10 years ago. I buffed all the paint off the frame and pivot frame bracket, then welded it on......back then I didn't know that there was primer that you could weld through. Now I know......so you might want to paint 'em with that before you weld 'em on. It kinda bugs me knowing that it's bare metal under that bracket and on the frame.

I've gotta have 4-speeds!! Something about revving it, dumping the clutch and watching the front end torque up. I drove my '67 340 convertible the other day (less than 50 miles on the rebuild) and was getting on it pretty hard......I wasn't really watching the tach, just shifting by ear. Then I looked down once.....it was past 7K!!! That thing pulls!!

-
Back